Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #9 - Sunday, November 12, 2017 - TMS Bus Lot

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default TX Region SCCA Autocross #9 - Sunday, November 12, 2017 - TMS Bus Lot

9th autocross of the year: TX Region SCCA Solo #9 - Sunday, November 12, 2017

Where? Texas Motor Speedway Bus Lot in Fort Worth, TX.

Event Schedule:

•Registration & Tech Inspection: 7:30am - 8:30am (PLEASE DON’T BE LATE)
    (If you are new to TX Region SCCA events, please be AT THE SITE by 7:30am)

•Course opens: 8:00am (approx.)

•Novice Walkthru: 8:30am (approx.)

•MANDATORY Drivers Meeting: 9:00am (approx.)

•First Runs Start 9:30am (Approx.)

•Trophies (and BEER ) approx. 30 minutes after conclusion of runs. (approx. 3:30 PM)

Online Registration closes Friday night, September 15 at 11:59pm.

**Walk up registrations ARE allowed on site but will be charged an additional $5.

**CREDIT CARDS CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED ONSITE!!

Online Registration Link:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ca-solo-743401

All this information and MORE is available on the Texas Region SCCA Solo webpage:
    http://www.texasscca.org/solo

In.
    Shinsen #1198

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Da' course.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Da' course.
    Meh....

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Da' course.
    Squiggly!
    Shinsen #1198

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Preliminary Run/Work order has been set. Based on the current entry level, there will be a 4 heat run/work structure. Any changes will be announced at the mandatory 9:00am Drivers Meeting held at the Timing trailer on the day of the event.
    Run 1 / Work 3
    SS, FS, SSR, FSP, STP, STR, STS, HCR, XP, FP, DM
    Run 2 / Work 4
    AS, BS, DS, SSP, ESP, STF, CAM-T, HCS, SM, SMF, AM, FSAE
    Run 3 / Work 1
    CS, ES, HS, BSP, STU, CAM-S, CP, EP, BM, CM, X
    Run 4/ Work 2
    GS, ASP, CSP, DSP, STX, CAM-C, BP, DP, SSM, EM, FM, KM, W

This was just posted on FB
    The last event of the year is always fun, but its extra fun to watch the points battles for the season championship unfold. I took a look at the season points totals, and summarized each class below. I considered the drops as we know them today, so that means only one came out unless someone has has missed 2 events or more already. Its likely there are some errors in here, as I've had a Firemans 4 blond ale (or two) while typing. Enjoy!
    AS – 1st place is sewn up already, but word on the street is that class champ Matt Lucas will be running in a different class. There are three guys gunning for 2nd place for the season with a win on Sunday . If Michael Cobb or Tom Bergeron wins, they take 2nd for the season. Charles Cram can win it too, with a victory and if Brad Flack and Robert Jones wedge themselves between Charles and either one of the Cobb/Bergeron duo. This one will be fun to watch! There’s also a crazy mathematical scenario where Brad Flack and Robert Jones can win the season if no else shows up…
    BS – this is a lock with Chris Wheelock winning the season and Nick Carmell taking 2nd. They will both be doing victory laps on Sunday.
    CS – Sam Mauro has this one in the bag, even though it’s possible that Lorin Stolz could tie if Sam doesn’t show. Sam would still win on head-to-head victories with Lorin.
    DS – Phil Osborne has 2017 locked down, but the spots to watch are 2nd and 4th place. Kevin Garpne has 2 point lead over Brian Brooks after you consider drops, so Brian needs to win or place more than 2 positions ahead of Kevin to take 2nd place. The exact same point differential separates Eric Key and Charles Parker for 4th. Hang on to your hats!
    ES – Mick Harrison is definitely taking home the big trophy, but David Anderson and Eric McGill are all tied up for 2nd place. This one is easy – whoever places higher takes 2nd! Phil Elmore and Buck Entriken are also tied before drops, but when you figure those in Phil has a 1 point lead. You know what that means – Buck has to be 2 positions ahead of Phil (or win the class on Sunday) to take 4th.
    FS – Roger Waggoner in his M3 has a one point lead over Brian Buchanan and his Mustang for 1st place. I see Roger on the entry list, but not Brian as of late Saturday night. Brian has been known to do walk-up registration, so don’t count him out yet. That leaves Taylor Burnidge with a pretty solid lock on 3rd, and Larry Waterman and Jeffrey Walker-Medina rounding out the trophies for 4th and 5th respectively.
    GS – Eric Lane will be your 2017 GS champ, with Tavish Clement locking down 2nd place. Mathematically TA Pitmon can tie up the points with Tavish, but head to head victories give Tavish the nod.
    HS – Our friendly waiver worker Charles Fleming has a lock on 1st, and Jimmie Stewart can take 2nd by simply showing up and making one run. No one else has enough events to trophy in HS.
    STS – Your course designer Jerrett can’t be caught for 1st, and James Schwan has a 4 point lead over Michael Holzmann for 2nd. Leilane Jan has 4th all to herself.
    STX – Brandon Slater (Slatertots) is almost assuredly your victor. It’s possible for David Powers to beat Brandon, but only if Brandon doesn’t show and Powers wins. Similarly, either Brad Maxcy or Sam Graff can tie Brandon if they win and Brandon doesn’t show. The battle here is for 2nd – 4th, with Miles Furlong bringing home the 5th trophy spot.
    STR – Cameron Goode can’t be caught for 1st. Ian Ma has a 3 point lead over Skip Abadie for 2nd. Gabby Garner has a 2 point lead over Colin Clarke for 4th place, so anything can happen there.
    STP – Alex Tutt is the only competitor to have 5 events in the books, but Tyson Henry has 4 and is only 1 point behind Tutt. Don’t count out James Hill either – he’s only one point back from Henry, and also has 4 events. All three of the guys have victories in the class, so this one is anyone’s game.
    SM - Tim Bergin will take home another SM championship, with Henry Lin holding on to a 2 point advantage over Chris Ledbetter for 2nd. Ledbetter only has 4 events, so he’ll have to show to be considered for that trophy, and he’ll have to beat Lin by more than 2 positions to do it. Chris has more SM wins than even class champ Tim B, so it’s not an outrageous idea. Watch for Brian Lee to sneak into the 3rd spot if Ledbetter isn’t there, and you can’t count out Brent Billue to challenge for 3rd as well.
    SSM – Paul Carmichael has a 3 point lead over Jon Wagner when considering drops, and Randy Freeman has a solid lock on 3rd.
    BSP – BSP belongs to Norm Glowicz, driving his wife Janet’s Focus RS. Keep reading…
    BSPL – A husband and wife who autocross together, stay together… or something like that. Janet Glowicz will take this one all to herself.
    CSP – I’m anticipating this one to be the biggest fight of the day, in the smallest cars. Miata co-drivers Bob Neff and car-owner Steve Eberlein are exactly tied heading into Sunday, and each has 4 class wins this season. These guys are great friends, and even better competitors. I’m not placing any bets here, but I’ll sure be watching! Doug Covington has third all to himself with his Miata.
    CSPL – Remember the husband/wife team of Norm and Janet Glowicz? They’re not the only ones… Sharon Ebelein is also an expert behind the wheel of the Eberlein family Miata. She’s your 2017 CSPL champ.
    ESP – Steve Smith is the only driver with 5 events. He’s got 37 points. Stuart Maxcy only has 4 events and 36 points, but all 4 of those were class victories. If Stuart shows up expect Steve to put up a heck of a fight for the first place spot, and don’t leave out Andrew Askins in 3rd.
    Cam C – Pony car wars in CAMC are dominated by the Mustang team of Phil Adams and Tim Boesche. Tim has a 6 point lead over Phil. Phil has a 7 point lead over Alex Tambert in 3rd. Brian Stone and Ryan Ayuso will round out the trophies in 4th and 5th.
    Cam-T – No one has 5 events yet, but if Duston Nixon and Sam Daniels show up they’ll lock down 1st and 2nd, in that order.
    Cam-S – Feras Qartoumy and his big black ‘vette can’t be beat.
    XP – Andy Franco and his big black ‘vette can’t be beat. DĂ©jĂ* vu.
    CP – Proud Grandpa Steve Brantley will win this one if he shows up.
    FP – Jack Brown will definitely be your 2017 FP Champ.
    DM – Doug Hills will take this one, and Mark Gillett will take second. Watch for Mark to pick up his trophy from the opposite side of the stage at the banquet.
    Novice – Brian Loose can’t be caught - he’ll be your 2017 Novice winner. Luis Brau will most likely take 2nd, but there’s a formula that says it’s possible for Bonnie Belknap to sneak in there with a win and low finish for Luis. Justin Countryman has been coming on strong the last 2 events with 2 solid 2nd place finishes in September and October. He’ll need a strong finish on Sunday to stay in 3rd based on the 50% of points min required to make the podium.
    X Pro – Brad McCann sits atop the heap here, with a 5 point lead over David Smart. Just one point back from Smart is Paul Kurtz. It becomes slim pickens after that, with JFo in a position to take 4th if he makes it.
    W Women’s PAX – Ann Bergin will take it again this year. That’s at least two in a row for Ann!

Fun course, I'm liking this trend of faster courses at TMS.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Fun course, I'm liking this trend of faster courses at TMS.
    I agree, this was one of the better courses of late.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Me too. I like the faster courses. I seem to do better on them, even though I'm not, ... well, fast. :)

I thought the course was rather Meh, really.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^I agree....some of it was really fun, other parts too pinchy.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I thought the course was rather Meh, really.
    Finally, someone agrees with me!

Although I was able to pedal my Daughter's Miata to a class win as well as 9th place in the PAX in Dry conditions. (A Personal Best)

It was a JJ course, for sure. Needed a small, light narrow car to go fast...

Or maybe a heavy, wide, and gutless 5.7L Corvette would set FTD anyway!
    Terry Fair @ Vorshlag Motorsports