Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optima DriveAutoX series

Default Optima DriveAutoX series

http://driveautox.com/Coming to Mineral Wells October 13-14. I already know I can't go Looks interesting with the classing...one of the unfortunate things is that cars have to be 95% of published curb weight.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Wonder what $$$ will be since they say you don't have to work or shag cones. Bet it will be more than our normal $50.00

I think I read somewhere else that it was $125. But that is for 2 days so a killer deal IMHO. It would be really awesome to just have tons of extra free time (like at a track day) at an autox.

If you consider an SCCA national event is that much + not having to work, absolutely a great deal.

I hope you bring your fun car out and wipe the floor with everyone.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Mineral Wells is a premier location ... huh!

Quote Originally Posted by 865 View Post
    Well it is the nicest town in all of Palo Pinto County!

Ok, so "premier" is relative. Granted. But to really earn the label, Mineral Wells needs to add a sink and some running water to those two "premier" porta-potties so folks can wash their hands when they need to. No one should have to plunder their ice chest for that.

Autocrossers in most of the country would kill for a site like Mineral Wells. Sometimes we don’t know how good we have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Autocrossers in most of the country would kill for a site like Mineral Wells. Sometimes we don’t know how good we have it.
    +1. Coming from AZ where the options were a postage stamp and a 2 hour drive to an airport runway, we have it VERY good.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Ok, so "premier" is relative. Granted. But to really earn the label, Mineral Wells needs to add a sink and some running water to those two "premier" porta-potties so folks can wash their hands when they need to. No one should have to plunder their ice chest for that.
    Quit peeing on your hands.

You gotta reach so far down just to get the water seems like they could make that easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Quit peeing on your hands.
    Well it does help to keep your hands warm on some of those really cold days...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    You gotta reach so far down just to get the water seems like they could make that easier.

It kind of sucks that they put it in conflict with an Equipe Rapide autocross.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    http://driveautox.com/Coming to Mineral Wells October 13-14. I already know I can't go Looks interesting with the classing...one of the unfortunate things is that cars have to be 95% of published curb weight.
    That's a lot of weight loss. My only issue is the difference between manufactures listed curb weight and real world weight. They are often significantly different.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    It kind of sucks that they put it in conflict with an Equipe Rapide autocross.
    That does suck Andy. I love ER. And want to support our local clubs always. But I also want to try out this new series as well. Tough spot to be in
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

And an NTAXS conflict.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Registered.

Also, note this:

There is no cancellation/refund, however you are welcomed to sell or transfer your entry to someone else if you can’t attend. If we have a waiting list, we will help you by connecting you with a waiting list recipient.

Jimi Day | President & CEO

I hate to miss the ER event, especially since I have pre-paid for the season, but I am in. This just sounds like too much fun to pass up.

I'm interested. The signup page says "Entry fees are non-refundable, non-transferable ..." so I'm going to wait to see what date is picked for the October Club Trials event before I register for this. Hopefully it won't fill up before then.

Since you guys are doing your due diligence on refunds. What is the policy if the event is canceled?? Asking for a friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast