Thread: NTAXS Autocross #5, 9/1/18, TMS Bus Lot

Default NTAXS Autocross #5, 9/1/18, TMS Bus Lot

DRIVERS MUST PRESENT A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE.

North Texas Autocross Series (NTAXS)
    Saturday, September 1
    Texas Motor Speedway Bus Lot in Fort Worth, TX
    $50/driver entry fee.
    Pre-register via link at www.ntaxs.com starting August 16.
    No on-site registration.

The event is limited to 70 drivers. Once the event reaches 70 drivers, then you will have the option of joining the waiting list when you attempt to register. If your entry from the waiting list is accepted, then you will receive an email with links to complete your registration and submit payment, but you must do so within the next 24 hours or the invitation will expire. Note that the invite will use the Eastern time zone.

You get eight runs at NTAXS events, so you will make four runs in the AM session and four runs in the PM session, with a lunch break in between.

8 AM – 9 AM Check-in, Registration, and mandatory Tech Inspection.
    (You must arrive in time to check in and pass tech inspection prior to 9 AM).
    8:00 AM – 9:15 AM Course open for walking.
    9:00 AM Novice Meeting (mandatory if new to NTAXS events).
    9:15 AM Drivers Meeting (mandatory for all).
    9:30 AM First car out.

Lunch usually occurs around noon and the events usually complete at around 3:30.

Car Classing is based on engine size and tire wear rating:

- Class 1/1R is for engines under 2.3 liters, except Honda S2000 and Lotus
    Elise/Exige.
    - Class 2/2R is for engines over 2.2 liters, but under 4.0 liters, plus Honda S2000.
    - Class 3/3R is for engines over 3.9 liters, plus Lotus Elise/Exige.
    - Class S2000 is only for Honda S2000 on street tires.
    - Class X/XR is an open class for any engine displacement and induction.

Rotary engine multiplies displacement by 2.0. Usage of forced induction multiplies displacement by 1.5. (This is in addition to the rotary multiplier, if applicable.) Tires with a wear rating under 140 must use the R version of the respective class that was determine by engine size.

View the rules, refund policy, and additional information at http://www.ntaxs.com . Refunds will be granted until 3 PM (Central) on the day prior to the event. After 3 PM on the day prior to the event, there will be no refunds or credits.

Contact us via links on www.ntaxs.com for more information.

Find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ntaxs .

A valid DL to dodge cones in a private parking lot? Even if the car is not street legal and trailered? As proof of ones ability to obey non-existent traffic signs? Seems a bit overzealous and extremely regulatory for no reason to me, but I could be wrong.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
    A valid DL to dodge cones in a private parking lot? Even if the car is not street legal and trailered? As proof of ones ability to obey non-existent traffic signs? Seems a bit overzealous and extremely regulatory for no reason to me, but I could be wrong.
    From my limited understanding this is a requirement by the fine folks who supply these events with insurance. And if yoou don't have insurance the fine folks supplying the venue (aka Parking lot) will not rent it to your group.

You are wrong. Given the activity and environment, I think proof that you know how to drive is not overzealous and extremely regulatory. The car's street legality does not matter. Mine is not street legal.

Also, as POS Racing said, the fine folks at our insurance agency also think a requirement of 16 years of age and a driver's license is just, too.

From the antics I see on the street every day, it's clear that having a driver's license doesn't prove you know how to drive. :) I guess maybe it proves you passed a driver's test somewhere along the way, which must be good enough for the insurers.

The BMW club and ER don't verify DL. Different insurer, perhaps?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

If you don't have a valid DL, how do you get your vehicle to the venue? Someone towing it for you? Transporting it?

I’m wrong? A license proves ability to drive in an autoX environment? Hardly.

Getting to the venue? Not an issue for the SCCA or venue.

This is just another example of overreach and government interference in a hobby of all things. I already need two documents just to fly my RC airplanes now. When I started it was zero. The amount that people are willing to accommodate govt overreach and over regulation time day is fascinating. It goes against everything this country was found on. Back in the day you could drive an 800 hp 1500 lb can am car, no documents required.

What’s next an SCCA autocross license exam to dodge cones in a 120 hp Miata? Crazy.
    AnthonyS

Government Interference??? Wow tin foil cap may need another layer.

Ya also gotta watch out for the Black Helicopters circling around the Events... I think they are watching us!

Dang!! 47 Registered (with valid drivers licenses) already!!

Register Early and often!!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Government Interference??? Wow tin foil cap may need another layer.

Ya also gotta watch out for the Black Helicopters circling around Events... I think they are watching us!
    Your willingness to accept overregulation and excess oversight is the problem with our country today. But sure try and pass it off as my problem. It’s really alarming how 99% of the people in this country are incapable of comprehending the bill of rights much less the actual US code which doesn’t require licensing except when driving for business reasons.
    AnthonyS

Your willingness to accept overregulation and excess oversight is the problem with our country today. But sure try and pass it off as my problem. It’s really alarming how 99% of the people in this country are incapable of comprehending the bill of rights much less the actual US code which doesn’t require licensing except when driving for business reasons.
    You Billy Blaze's son??

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^lol...you kids play nice.

Edit - On 2nd thought, it's been awhile since we had a good poo-flinging contest...carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I think they are watching us!
    I don’t think this has anything to do with the government, and yes they are watching. Ever notice how many cameras are on the SRT (121)? Why do they need 10 cameras in ½ mi.?

Just because I’m paranode doesn’t mean nobody’s watching.

This has been the most exciting thread I've seen on this forum ever.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA oh man. Made my morning. Overregulation? We hand out licenses to woefully underqualified 16 year olds, with little to no training, after they pass a "test" that my toddler could pass. After the age of 16 you never once have to prove that you can properly operate a motor vehicle to maintain your license. Heck, you don't even have to go to the DMV to renew your license most of the time. If that's overregulation, sign me up!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

You’re essentially asking people to see their papers to autocross. Who issued those papers? The government, so yes you just invited big government into NTAX. It’s a bad decision, and anyone thinking differently is a fool. How many venues have been lost nationwide thanks to big govt? Keep thinking it’s not an issue. Press your face deep into that asphalt ostrich boys. And when some useless govt jackboot is asking you for your papers be sure to pat him on the back because you clearly think it’s wonderful. We’ll have the TSA on school buses soon with voters like you. But since you clearly failed or never took civics, you’ll always be able to get a job!

Papers, show me your papers! I had a friend saying the entire LGBTQ.... movement would lead to pedophilia being normal. Now wackos are calling them “minor attracted persons” and trying to pass it off as normal. They are trying to use force of govt to make it mainstream/normal now. Most conspiracies end up being partially true. I flat out told him he was crazy. Lots of us did. Turns out he was at least partly correct.

Govt can only be used to exert force and exercise punishment. You just invited them to be part of your car club. Good job! But that’s my fault right? You clearly did understand Orwell either.
    Last edited by AnthonyS; 08-18-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    AnthonyS

Of course we're asking for documentation to autocross, we don't want any weirdos mucking up our event with their paranoid delusions! Not only did I do well in civics, I'm certified to teach it at the high school level. English too. I've read Orwell (Huxley, Vonnegut, and Bradbury too). One more tidbit, the "MAP movement" in the LGBTQ community is fake. It was started by non-LBGTQ people online (and in Oregon by hanging fake posters near schools) trying to discredit and undermine the movement. You can't believe everything you read on the internet.

This is the last non-autocross comment you'll see from me in this thread, I've wasted enough time on it.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Looks like they are now at 67 Registered!!

Register Early and Often!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The Black Helicopters took some awesome pictures comrades!!

https://www.lightspeedimages.com/Nor...ries-9-1-2018/