Thread: RIP C&C Dallas.....

Default RIP C&C Dallas.....

Cars And Coffee Car Meet
    12 hrs ·
    Classic BMW - Plano, franchisee of Cars and Coffee(TM) Dallas, is sad to announce that after more than nine years of benefitting the car loving community and local charities, Cars and Coffee Dallas will hold its last show on December 1, 2018. The quality of the cars in attendance has declined over the years. The event staff tried not to exclude anyone by asking participants to strongly consider whether their car was show worthy, but the show grew organically over time with fewer quality cars.

The last two events for Cars and Coffee Dallas will be held Saturday, November 3 and on Saturday, December 1. Due to the size of the show and Classic BMW’s continued desire to provide motorsports eye candy to all attendees, Classic BMW will reserve the right at these last two shows to deny entry at any time at their discretion. If the event staff does not consider a vehicle show worthy, those vehicles will be asked to park in the spectator lots located around the dealership.

Classic BMW gives special thanks to the owners who took the time to share their supercars, antiques, classics, muscle cars, hot rods, motorcycles, boats, special use vehicles and rare, one of a kind cars – many of which the average person would never have seen if it weren’t for these participants’ dedication to Cars and Coffee Dallas.

The event would not have been what it was without the great efforts of the many volunteers from Classic BMW, car clubs, charities and Plano high schools who gave up their time year round for the love of cars to coordinate every little detail to put on the enormous show. Much appreciation also goes to the Plano Texas Police Department who helped hold a safe event.

Most importantly, Classic BMW thanks all who donated generously to the monthly charity - the vendors and the thousands of vehicle owners, spectators and families who visited Cars and Coffee Dallas each month. Thank you for your participation and support over the years in giving back to the wonderful community we live and work in.
    This is why we can't have nice car shows....

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

You mean my clapped-out '91 Miata isn't quality?! I'm telling mom!

But I just added smoked tail lights to my Corvette!

The "quality of the cars" can't be the real reason. No matter how special or average the cars have been, the event has been packed for years with both entrants and spectators. Sad to see it go.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm guessing it's an insurance liability that was the death of it.

It was also a giant hassle for them to host the event. It became too big for it's own good.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I'm guessing it's an insurance liability that was the death of it.
    When you get that many Mustangs and Camaros in one place.....

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    It was also a giant hassle for them to host the event. It became too big for it's own good.
    You still mad they would let the Silverado on the show lot, Bro??