Thread: epoxy and vinyl

Default epoxy and vinyl

Does anyone know, what epoxy bonds well with the Vinyl of our tops?
    I am trying to glue in some velcro, to hold a piece of plexiglass in for a back window until i can get a new top.
    Thanks
    edit: the one minute and 5 minute double epoxy was a no go

Hehe, strange. I was just glueing a piece of my top last night. I used this stuff calld 'Goop'(I think was the name), it seems to be holding pretty good. Make sure it says 'for vinyl' in the uses section. I picked it up at the local Vatozone, its in a purple tube. Best results if you apply it to both sides & let them dry & tack up a little before sticking both pieces together.

Edit: I think this is it, could have sworn it was purple though...

While were on the same subject...can anyone recommend a good vinyl cleaner?? All I could find was shiny protectants, no cleaner. Well it was Vatozone after all, I wasnt really expecting much.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 06-02-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

afterthoughtsauto.com is reputed to have a good cleaner. I've got some that I bought at O'Reilly's (but never saw it there again) that seems similar to it. Easy to use, no build up, etc. A hit of Gunk Bug & Tar does a nice job at getting rid of the black marks on tan tops, but I can't attest to long term effects on the top...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Of course, what was I thinking...simple green is the solution to everything
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution