Thread: possibly parting out my car...

Suspension Modder

Angry possibly parting out my car...

back in the shop again. oil leak-- trying to find where from but the guy (same as before cuz it could be his problem.) but he's being an arse and seems to find it necessary to use profanity with me (done it before too -how professional) :ncool: so. if he decides to charge me for work, i'm taking the car back and parting it out.

auuuuugh. sucks. i love my car. but i'm not selling the viper bumper (have the old one tho) and probably not the cf hood.

probably just get another 99 or 00 :) or an audi tt.

Who is this great mechanic you have found?

Why in the world would you take it back to him knowing his track record with your car already???????? Didn't he have it for months the last time around???

Why don't you call Steven at Miata Solutions and get the poor thing fixed, if I remember correctly it was a darn nice car!

Some History on this Mechanic
    Last edited by POS Racing; 06-06-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatabich
    back in the shop again. oil leak-- trying to find where from but the guy (same as before cuz it could be his problem.) but he's being an arse and seems to find it necessary to use profanity with me (done it before too -how professional) :ncool: so. if he decides to charge me for work, i'm taking the car back and parting it out.

auuuuugh. sucks. i love my car. but i'm not selling the viper bumper (have the old one tho) and probably not the cf hood.

probably just get another 99 or 00 :) or an audi tt.
    I'd like to see a picture of the Viper bumper.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

One of my pictures from way back when the WRX crew held an event at MSR. This is before she added the CF Hood.

'02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Suspension Modder

Angry

well becuz if it was something he did that caused the leak, he should fix it eh? so when I took it back to him, he said no charge. so if he decides to charge, i'm taking it back. screw it / him ASIA AUTOMOTIVE 972-412-8788

these were his excuses last time in why it took soooooo long!
    1) i told him to wait a month cuz i didnt need it back right away ( yeah i told him jokingly and he told me this 2 months after i brought it in which meant he started on it a month after i brought it in)

2) "MAZDA" took two weeks to get a part in, "MAZDA" apparently didnt get his order and gee.. he didn't wonder why it was taking TWO weeks to get a response??

3) "MAZDA" sent him the wrong part. again. and again. and again.

4) I "told" him i couldn't pay. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLL SHHHHHH. I never said that.

5) he apparently couldnt work on it during the week. only the weekends b/c he had other cars to fix also -- he works alone. >ok fine! you should've told me that before you told me it was going to take 4 days to be ready! not 4 months after!!<

and the fact that he charged me 2 arms and a leg for the work. "oh i cant give you a discount b/c i had to pull the motor twice when really all i needed to do was do it once in the beginning and check the block which i didnt do thus the need to pull it twice"

i should sue for emotional distress.

/rant . sorry for the rant but i just need to vent. phew.

Sounds like it's time to get it fixed right at another shop and file a complaint with the BBB and try for some arbitration to see if you can get some $$$ back.

If you can't get it made right then tell everyone how much they suck.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Miatabich
    He had it for 4.5 MONTHS last time and you actually took it back to him.

What makes you think he is going to any better work this time around especially since he is swearing at you for the car coming back, and this is before he turns any wrenches on the car.........

This entire fiasco is very sad.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    This entire fiasco is very sad.
    It really is! Whatever you do, do not take it back to ASIA AUTOMOTIVE! Register a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to save others the grief you've gone thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Oooop.. I thought it was our other friend...

Although it does sound like something he would do.
    He would never cuss, would he
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles