Thread: He's back....

Default He's back....

Well, after a wonderful week's vacation in the Colorado Rockies, I'm back! Didja miss me?

Lots of fun was had. We rafted down the Upper Colorado (Is & IIs) and Clear Creek (IIIs & IVs), mountain biked in Winter Park (nothing like 2500 feet of vertical drop in 6 miles of trail! :cool: ) and Frasier, hiked through the Arapaho National Forest, and got within 30 yards of full-grown elk in Rocky Mountain National Park. I also got to drive the world's highest continually paved road at 14,000+ feet (the road through Rocky Mountain National Park), but sadly it was in the wife's Accord and not the Miata.

We got some amazing pictures on the trip, which I hope to have uploaded and linked by the end of the weekend.

I've also got good news to share! While on vacation, I was offered a position as a Design Engineer with Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions in Garland. They offered a very nice benefit package and the salary I asked for, and I've accepted the job. I start July 11th!

It's good to be home, even if it is 100 degrees here! Hope to see some of you guys on Sunday at ER!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I'm back! Didja miss me?
    Were you gone? j/k! Welcome back and a big congrats on the job!!! See you Sunday.

Congrats on the job! Are you thinking about moving? Fort Worth to Garland sounds like a nasty commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Are you thinking about moving? Fort Worth to Garland sounds like a nasty commute.
    Well, they offered me a relocation assistance package if we move within six months, so Melissa and I are going to consider it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Congrats on the job...If they have a move package, take it! Welcome back...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Well, they offered me a relocation assistance package if we move within six months, so Melissa and I are going to consider it.
    Melissa is still with the Northwest ISD isn't she? You guys are working on both ends of the Metroplex!

Congrats on the New Job!

I also took the week off, but I spent it replacing all the rough cut pine trim on my house with James Hardie's Harditrim, then painting quite a bit of the house.... I'd bet you had more fun on your vacation than I had on mine........

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome back and congrats on the Real Job

If I spent a week at 14,000 feet biking and rafting, I'd need a relocation package to a convalescent home. As one of my life group members told the kid in the group last night, 'When I was young and pretty, I didn't abuse my body nearly as much as you are, and look at me now!'
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Congrats Iain. I see another civic beater in your future.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles