Thread: Top Gear on "Discovery" channel

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Default Top Gear on "Discovery" channel

Hot damn! They even went to the trouble to shoot some segues and include some currency conversion chyrons for the US market.

Anyone else catch it?

I did, pretty sweet.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

No... when was it? And will it be playing again?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

http://dsc.discovery.com/schedule/se...es=30445&gid=0

I'm thinking about dropping a note to the Discovery Channel to show support. This is so much more interesting to watch than the contrived bickering on American Chopper and Hotrod. (And frankly, I'm just not all that impressed with Jesse James either.)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Shift Into TOP GEAR - UK's Top-Rated Automotive Show Crosses the Pond, to Air Wednesdays on the Discovery Channel

WHO: Impassioned automotive expert and host Jeremy Clarkson goes the extra mile to provide factual entertainment, witty humor and a first-hand look at the world's latest, coolest, fastest cars on the market in TOP GEAR.

WHAT: Discovery Channel brings the hit BBC series TOP GEAR across the pond for American audiences. For more than three years, TOP GEAR has revved up U.K. audiences with its honest and humorous commentary on human-motorized toys. In each episode of TOP GEAR, the hosts test autos in unparalleled races with unpredictable outcomes and full-blown stunts. In upcoming episodes, Clarkson attempts to outrun an Apache helicopter's missile lock in a Lotus Exige and races to Monte Carlo in an Aston Martin against the high-speed TGV train. TOP GEAR is a James Bond-like ride that delivers the speed, power and exhilaration behind the wheel that driving enthusiasts crave.

WHEN: Premieres Wednesday, June 29 at 10 PM (ET/PT). TOP GEAR airs Wednesday nights from 10-11 PM (ET/PT) -- and encores each week on Saturday at 6 PM (ET/PT).

WHERE: Discovery Channel

Saw it and loved it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

boy i would give an arm, leg, and a kidney for one that lotus
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    boy i would give an arm, leg, and a kidney for one that lotus
    Then you'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle... how would you shift?

I would give up an eye and get a paddle shift tranny