Thread: I got a job already! And a cool one at that!

Default I got a job already! And a cool one at that!

Well, it's been a hell of a couple of weeks. I decided I had finally had it with my job at P5 Wheels and gave notice on Monday 7/11. I applied for a ton of jobs the week before that and over the weekend on all of the major job sites (Career Builder, Monster, etc.) thinking that was just going to be the start of a several month job search. I got a call the day after I applied for one of the jobs and an interview was set up. When I applied, I had no idea what company it was as it was through a recruiter. I found out a couple days ago that it was AER Manufacturing. My interview was this morning at 9. It lasted over two hours and I was 'interviewed' by at least 5 people and got a tour of one of the plants. They seemed to like me and told me they'd let me know within a week. I got a call at about 3:00 with an offer which I of course accepted (it had already been discussed more or less). I go in Monday to fill out the paper work and take the pee test, then I start on the 25th.

This is what I'll be doing:

Production Mechanical Engineer

Seeking Engineer who will be responsible for launching new automotive engine families, machining and assembly processes, and developing engineering and quality control plans.
    This is the company website again:

But in less happy news, my dad is in the hospital. It's only kidney stones, but I guess he's got several and one is 8mm :blink: so he's probably going to have to have surgery tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be ok, but he's getting old and it worries me.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

WOW, that was fast. Great news Evil! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Sweet!
    Yea what he said!

Cool, that your dad is sick to a speedy recovery
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Congratulations from the old man
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I didn't realize you were not with the flat black group anymore. Sounds like you got a great hookup. I will miss you at the 25HR, you saved our ass after that rollover that "Flip" Glassburner performed! Let me know if you have some time for SM racing I can trade you out some part time racing for some part time crewing.
    Mac

OH, Good luck to your Dad, I understand I am getting old too!

Congratulations, Evil! Sounds like a fun job!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Congrats Evil!

Are you going to talk them into letting you drive their race car?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    But in less happy news, my dad is in the hospital. It's only kidney stones, but I guess he's got several and one is 8mm :blink: so he's probably going to have to have surgery tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be ok, but he's getting old and it worries me.
    im not old and im prone to those... mine was only measured at 6mm though.
    Last edited by POS Racing; 07-17-2005 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Haha, unfortunately the racecars aren't 'theirs' they just sponsor them. I'm trying to work out a deal to crew for them tho.

Dad's doing better. He got the ultrasonic 'sledgehammer' and I guess that broke everything up into pee-size pieces. He's home from the hospital and already sending me lame email forwards, he must not be feeling too bad.....or they gave him good drugs.