Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are you? (Closed - Create your own intro post)

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    I've had a deposit in on a Titanium MS Miata since the beginning of November...
    Oh YOU are definitely welcome on this forum... as long as you'll let us take your MS Miata for a spin when you get it ! Seriously, welcome to the board, and I'm looking forward to seeing your new car up close, and hearing what you think about it.

In the meantime, come out and play at the Equipe Rapide and/or North Texas S2000 Owners Club events, and join us in the paddock. Get to know us all a little before you start spanking us with that MS gem .

Speak for yourself, kestrel - some of us have already had to race against rx7gslse.

Looking forward to seeing that MS Miata once you take delivery! Are you going to keep it stock for a little while, or is it going straight to SM2?

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default Am I Who?

I'm Chris, I live in Arlington, and am originally from Austin. I am also on my second miata, a 91 Silver. I am a student at UTA slowly pursueing a degree in engineering. I work at a small company as account manager doing receiving, shipping, billing, inventory, and product design. I am also an Apache Mechanic in the TX National Guard.

I autocrossed a couple times last year and went to a couple open track events. I look foward to coming to a couple autocrosses this season, mainly s2000.

So far I seem to be the only FI guy on here besides Justin. He is pushing way more power with his setup though. The turbo will just help me smoke the tires easier with an open dif anyways.

Chris

My name is Mick, I’m 35 and I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

I'm married to the lovely IMVivid and we have an eight-year-old daughter.

I have a ’92 Black and Tan that is my AX car; we also have a ’02 Vivid Yellow LS (IMVivid’s Car) that is our wine & cheese car! When the entire family wants to go out & about we hop in our ’67 Cadillac Coupe De Ville, which may explain why it shows Cadillac Man just below POS Racing.

I really enjoy autocross, and I like working on cars! I don’t own an accordion, nor do I want one! :P

Links :
    POS Racer
    IMVivid’s Car
    The lac

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I've had a deposit in on a Titanium MS Miata since the beginning of November...
    Oh YOU are definitely welcome on this forum... as long as you'll let us take your MS Miata for a spin when you get it ! Seriously, welcome to the board, and I'm looking forward to seeing your new car up close, and hearing what you think about it.

In the meantime, come out and play at the Equipe Rapide and/or North Texas S2000 Owners Club events, and join us in the paddock. Get to know us all a little before you start spanking us with that MS gem .

ha ha... Thanks for the Welcome :) yeah, I'll be out and about.. I hit most all of the events I can at TMS or Mineral Wells, but Pennington gets crowded... I've ran PCA, SCCA, & ER events, but never run w/ the S2K guys.. got a link?

And Ian, I haven't decided quite what I'm going to do with the car yet.. Although, I don't imagine it will stay *completely* stock for long, I don't envision too many warranty voiding mods for at least awhile... We'll have to see what is what once I get the car
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

... I've ran PCA, SCCA, & ER events, but never run w/ the S2K guys.. got a link?
    They don't have a link specifically for the 28FEB event, but CLICK HERE for general information on the NTS2KOC 2004 Season. I think Mazda RX-7's are welcome too ...

North Texas S2000 Owner's Club. Or you can go here for their '04 events calendar.

To save you some trouble, here's their list of autocrosses for this season:
    February 28
    May 15
    July 17
    September 18
    November 20

All of them are held at Mineral Wells, and all are an 8 run format - 4 runs in the morning, and 4 in the afternoon, done in small grid groups much like Mav PCA or Lone Star BMWCCA so you don't end up sitting for 45 minutes between runs. You do not need to be a member or own an S2000 to attend, although pre-registration is required (see this page for info on pre-registration and other details), and events are limited to 35-40 entrants to keep things flowing (timed runs are usually done by 3pm, with plenty of time for free fun runs if you're so inclined).

Cost is $30 for non-members, $25 for members. Honestly, I think these events are the most enjoyable, best bang-for-the-buck autocrosses in our area, due to a combination of seat time, course layout (courses tend to favor handling over power, since neither S2000s nor Miatas are overly powerful cars), event size, friendliness, etc. There is always a large crowd of Miatas out there - large enough that we had six classes at all of last season's events: S2000, S2000 R, Miata, Miata R, Other, and Other R.

Come on out and join us for the first one on the 28th - I know there will be quite a few people from this board out there, and it's well worth it, imho.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Seems to be alot of us in Arlington. Maybe enough to split into our own Arlington miata club.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    Seems to be alot of us in Arlington. Maybe enough to split into our own Arlington miata club.
    If you look at the main site, you'll even notice that the weather forecast is for Arlington by default...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    If you look at the main site, you'll even notice that the weather forecast is for Arlington by default...
    I did notice that. I thought you had some sophisticated piece of software that knows where everyone lives. You could have claimed genius!

OK come on now, you need to take a minute and tell us who you are!

I'm Lorenzo and I'm new here. I bought a Mariner Blue '91 March 1 and started modding almost immediately. Already replaced the shift knob with a spun aluminum knob from Voodoo and just this past Tuesday I installed a Hard Dog Hard Core Double Diagonal Hard Top Roll bar (wow, that's a alot of typing for one mod... ) I'm looking forward to AutoX'ing and can hardly wait.

Next on my list of improvements, stainless steel brake lines and better pads and new rotors.

I hope to meet some fellow Miata enthusiasts soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I'm looking forward to AutoX'ing and can hardly wait.
    Lorenzo you going to run the SCCA event this Sunday??? Keep lurking about there are a bunch of us here who AutoX!!

Look forward to meeting you!

Mick

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm Lorenzo I hope to meet some fellow Miata enthusiasts soon!
    Welcome Lorenzo. Hope to meet you at an AutoX event soon!
    Come on out this Sunday if you can. There will be 5 or 6 of us (I think) there. Sam.

Hello,

I'm William and I'm a Miataholic.

I'm also an IT Geek. Any of you guys hiring for desktop support?

I've done AutoX (before any of you were in the scene I believe) and track days ay MSR. I might do some AutoX but not regularly.

http://hobbystage.net/miata/droptop/
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Welcome Lorenzo. Hope to meet you at an AutoX event soon!
    Come on out this Sunday if you can. There will be 5 or 6 of us (I think) there. Sam.

Thanks!

Not to hijack this thread but start time for the AutoX states 7:30 am - so what is a good time to get there 7? Thanks.

Also, are there directions to Pennington Field? I'll probably find them before anyone posts but I'll try both.

Hijack over.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

See this link -

http://autocross.com/texasregion/

On the top right is the events calendar and a link to a map. It's in Bedford, just south of 183 on Central Drive. You can't miss it! There's a McDonald's right across the street and a few of us will be meeting there around 7am'ish for breakfast. Feel free to join us.

Thanks!

Not to hijack this thread but start time for the AutoX states 7:30 am - so what is a good time to get there 7? Thanks.

Also, are there directions to Pennington Field? I'll probably find them before anyone posts but I'll try both.

Hijack over.
    Have you peeked at the post in our Autocross Events section titled : Texas Region SCCA '04 event #1 - Pennington Field, 3/21.

Hi everyone!

Sammm pointed me over here to this forum - blame HIM! (I used to work at Bell Helicopter as a contractor)

I'm Raymond, work at Cisco Systems as a Systems Engineer focused on security products and channel partners.

I have an 03 Splash Green Mica (less than 2 weeks old!) with Enkei rims, low profile tires, style bar, spoiler, and aluminum dash trim kit from the dealer... a 92 Black & Tan with some simple mods (that the wife took over now)... and a 92 Mariner Blue that's in the middle of being fixed.

Lookin' forward to meeting everyone!

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Hi everyone!

Sammm pointed me over here to this forum - blame HIM! (I used to work at Bell Helicopter as a contractor)

Lookin' forward to meeting everyone!

Raymond
    Welcome Raymond! Glad you made it! Post some pics of your Miatae when you get a chance! (PS - I still have your sway bar)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast