Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are you? (Closed - Create your own intro post)

Default Who are you? (Closed - Create your own intro post)

since i'm new to the whole miata thing, i dont know many of you yet. and even the ones i have met, i dont know you by your screen name on here. so just type what you want us to know.

charlie brooke
    i'm 29
    work at alcon in ft worth
    1996 M Edition

I'm Lauren

I provide IT services for a law firm.

I won Novice class in Texas Region SCCA in 2003, 2nd in Equipe Rapide with my '02 LS. The car now occupies a formidable portion of my garage, what with 2 sets of spare rims/tires and a nifty little trailer to drag said tires around on.

I'm Iain Peebles, and I'm a recovering alcoholic. No, wait, make that a practicing alcoholic. Wait, am I on the right forum?

I'm 30 years young, a former exec at a small advertising firm who threw it all away to go back to school and finish an engineering degree and deliver pizza to pay for race tires. What a life.

I like racing, wearing lederhosen, and playing the accordion. Oh wait, that's kestrel. :P

I like racing, working on cars, skiing, mountain biking, relaxing with a good pulp science fiction novel, and getting banned from mailing lists. I also like drinking good beer and giving unsolicited advice.

Here's a pic of my daily driver '99 Sport that made it into Grassroots Motorsports, the best magazine on the planet:

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

My name is Marc Johnson. I am 21 and right now I am running a restaurant for my parents here in the TCU area of Fort Worth. I am going back to school in the Fall to be an Automotive engineer. I have had a Miata for 2 1/2 years. And have been autocrossing for 5 years.

http://miata.cardomain.com/id/abbycar

Hi I'm Andy. I do not make many autocrosses, but I have a Miata in my driveway again. I just bought a 1993 white A package. I ran last year in my blue 1991, mostly at ER in E Stock. Between my business and family I am busy 6.5 days a week. I am also in the IT field.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm Sam M. 44 years "not" old. I live in Arlington and work at Bell Helicopter as a Mainframe Systems Programmer. I just bought my Miata at the end of last September. I like mountain biking, wood working, handyman stuff, snow skiing, music, yada yada yada. :P
    Last edited by sammm; 03-21-2008 at 06:40 AM.

Hi, I'm Mark Cameron, from Arlington. I may be the old geezer of the group (past the half century mark). I've had my '96 for a couple of years now, and love it. Fun to drive, fun to race, fun to work on. (Compared to the two DSM's I had previously.) If you come to any of the local autocross events, look me up-CSP52.

I'm Dallas Dodson from Garland, I'm 25 and I've got a '97 touring package that once and awhile makes it out to the races. Occasionally I work on it and clean it. http://wwtfd.org/bigdmiata/gallery.php

When posting articles with inline images, it's helpful to shrink them down a bit... First, to make sure folks with dialup Internet don't choke and die, but second to keep the topic readable...

Thanks!!!

I'm Randy Z, 38 years old; like beer, Stars, I play hockey, ride dirtbikes (YZ426), mountainbikes, etc. etc. I'm a network admin for Texans Credit Union in Richardson.

I got my 92 silver hardtop with 38k miles last sept (like Samm). It drives like new. I added Jackson Racing Cold air intake and hi-flow cat and JR's cat back system as well. Love those upgrades.

Don't know if I'll autocross as I'm already out of the stock class, but I might for the fun of it (and not be competitive).

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    folks with dialup Internet don't choke and die!!
    Dialup!?!?! Is that still an option?!?!?

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Charlie - great idea. I just learned things I didn't know about people I've known for two years

I'm Hal. Silver/tan 01.

2 years of AX 16 TCS, 14 schools, SCCA Safety Steward, and still looking for a 7/10 run

I'm older than Mark, just ask Justin, single (for a little while), and I like bubble baths and walks on the beach and ... wait - I shouldn't copy things from the books in Majik's library

http://miata.cardomain.com/member_pa...page_id=272526

If it helps, I removed my pic and just left a link to my gallery
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDmiata
    If it helps, I removed my pic and just left a link to my gallery
    Thanks. I'm just picky and don't like scrolling to the right to read. :)

Neither do I, but I'm running 1600x1200 res on my 21" monitor at work, so very few places do I need to scroll to the right.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Hello, my name is Corey Wells and I guess I'm the resident big displacement guy (for now), unless there is another V8 guy around.

My job entails staring at a computer doing CPA stuff, but my passion is racing in all forms of motorsport that I have the time and the cash to do. I normally run DE's and autocrosses with local car clubs. I just had to put mods on my car for the enjoyment factor that threw it up into classes that make the car uncompetitive, so I don't do any NASA or SCCA stuff right now.

Look forward to spending some time on this forum and eventually meeting you all!

My name is Rich, and I own 5 accordions and three pair of lederhosen . I'm married and have two young children. I work at PepsiCo (holding company for Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker, Gatorade, Tropicana) in the Information Technology department... but I'm currently their "finance guy". I do global IT Planning and Forecasting, Capital Request reviews, and financial modeling of all kinds (no, that kind of modeling doesn't entail swimsuits and lush tropical climates :P ).

I have a '99 Twilight Blue Mica LP Miata. I've been autocrossing for a couple of years, and have had some success...like tailchaser, I won my Novice class in 2002, and I managed to do pretty well in Tire Class last year. altiain and Black92C are primarily responsible for my autocross addiction, but many others helped push me over the edge .

You can see pictures of me and my car at THIS WEBSITE.

OK, the deal with the accordion and lederhosen thing is this: I'm in a Bavarian Band and Folk Dance Group. I got involved in this stuff back when I was 16, mainly because they'd let me into festivals and I could drink beer (yeah, they had beer back when I was 16...). I found that I liked performing and making people happy, so I've kinda stuck with it through the years. Besides, I'm of German/Bavarian decent.

Autocross and "Miata Stuff" has taken over the top spot in my list of freetime activities, but you can still catch me hoisting a beer and playing "Roll out the Barrels" on the occasional Saturday night at the Bavarian Grill or Jorg's Cafe Vienna (where's that emoticon with an accordion?) :P !

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    My name is Rich, and I own 5 accordions and three pair of lederhosen
    I think POS racing was wondering if you would do the sunscreen dance with the lederhosen on??

I'm Adam Payrot, 20 - for a few more months at least, and currently attending school to become a mechanical engineer. I work at Sears in Arlington as a receiving/merchandise pick-up person. So basically I get to bring all the heavy things out to your cars that you don't want to carry

As many of you know, I'm on my 2nd miata. It's a Silver 91, but not for long. Sometime this summer a 1.8 will be going in, complete w/ 1.8 harness and ECU. I've also decided what I'll be doing to the exterior as it needs work, but I'll wait until I'm done to reveal what that is

Oh yeah, I'll be revamping my website so that I can document each step of the process. So, keep an eye out HERE for updates. Hopefully I can make it a good reference for anybody interested in attempting this, I know that it's going to be long and laborous, but at least it's what I love to do.

Hey all!

I'm not a miata guy *yet* but I will be soon..

I'm Eric, live in the North side of Ft Worth/Keller up my POSracing... I enjoy goofing off with anyting car related. Hanging out, talking, fixing, modding, and of course racing...

If you've been out to AutoX's you've probably seen me out goofing around as #42 CSP
    picture; http://www.digitex.net/ecarter/images/inaction.jpg

Anyway, I've had a deposit in on a Titanium MS Miata since the beginning of November, so whenever it gets here you'll definately see me out & about on the local autoX course in one car or the other.. (still determining a strategy here)

Look forward to seeing some of you guys!
    (and thanks for the link to this fourm Mick!)
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast