Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who are you? (Closed - Create your own intro post)

Sammm,

It was great putting the face back to the name on Saturday!

I finally got a page up with some pics: http://miata.cardomain.com/memberpage/563884

I don't have pix of the new car up yet. I'm waiting till I wash & wax it before taking those.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Sammm,

It was great putting the face back to the name on Saturday!

Are we talking about the same sammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I can see anything great about seeing his face..... :P

OK come on now, you new guys need to take a minute and tell us who you are!

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    The details of my life are quite inconsequential.....
    You could have skipped the rest of you dribble, you pretty much covered it with those 8 words!

What movie is that from???

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Austin Powers, as spoken by Dr. Evil

You could have skipped the rest of you dribble, you pretty much covered it with those 8 words!

Bah!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Bah!
    Welcome Back DT!

Austin Powers
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Hi y'all. I'm a newbie here.

I'm Mark Polansky, currently a 2L at Baylor Law down in Waco (and looking for a summer associate position if anyone has any leads!)

I used to have a Mariner Blue 93 (RIP) and currently have a Black 95. I've done a couple autocrosses back in Maryland, but haven't done anything since starting school down here.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by mpolansky
    I'm Mark Polansky
    Welcome Mark! If you're ever up in the DFW area during an Autocross weekend (check our calendar on www.dfwmiata.com for events) let us know you're coming! There's almost always 5-10 of us at any given event.

All right, better late than never....just stumbled accross this post.

I'm Duane Gallup, I own a small I.T. company in Mansfield, ironicly called Arlington Computers (we used to be in Arlington). I'm a network engineer (MCSE) wishing I had a real job (per my wife so I can work 40 hours a week). We do all kinds of IT work, and specialize in Dental Computer Solutions with digital X-Ray, and intraoral Cameras. I have a couple of technicians that work with me, and really need a sales person.

Anyway, I've got a '90 Silver Miata, that I bought when times were tight. Previous vehicle was a '98 Trans Am that I traded for a 2001 Beetle, but I got bored very quickly. I was going to mod the Beetle, but when the TurboS came out, we went and drove it and it was still boring. Thus I knew more HP would not help the Beetle. However, while at Hiley, my wife and I test drove a Miata. I had no idea how much fun they were...I mean.... its a girls car...right I was shocked. So I found my '90 model, as the idea was to make it a track car (3rd car) However, after owning the Beetle and the Miata at the same time for a while I found I was never driving the Beetle and my wife wanted her garage space back for her Trailblazer. So, I took the Beetle back, and Hiley was good enough to take it off my hands, for a nominal fee, even though I had purchased it from another dealer, that wasn't willing to buy it back.

Then all of a sudden, people started reving their motors at me. Funny, they I didn't get this much attention when I drove the T/A? So I turbo'd the Miata. The end result was they still rev at me. But they are usually not as happy when we pull up to the second light. . Then I learned about this drug called Auto Crossing. I got a couple runs in last year, and just finished my third event yesterday. Even with the turbo, I'm 10 seconds behind the competitive guys (you know who you are), but it's a real blast. I'm keeping my eye open for another Miata, and when the time is right, I'll probably show up with another. I'd like to compete without the Turbo, so I can run in the E or C class. The SM2 class I have to run in now is very competitive....as if you guys don't make the CS and ES class look fast.

Anyhow, My wifes in college, my oldest boy (22) is in college and my youngest boy is 12. Dad's been fighting cancer, and I spend a lot of weekends with him, so I don't get out as much as I'd like too, but you'll see me around from time to time.

There, I think I've said enough.

TD
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I've turned this subject into a sticky (don't know why I didn't think of it before ), so that our "newbies" can come by and introduce themselves as they stumble onto this section of the forum.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123