Thread: Office Desk

Default Office Desk

Im looking for a Desk for my office at home.. anyone know of a good place where I can get a good quality desk without spending a ton..

Im looking for a solid wood desk in a L shape with a hutch..

Good luck with your search... I tried to find an affordable solid wood desk last fall.... Everything I saw was way more then I wanted to spend, and even the expensive ones use a lot of plywood veneers these days. I gave up and got a rolltop desk from Costco that was $400 and was a combo of plywood veneer and hardwood. It isn't really what I wanted, but I couldn't touch anything as nice or nicer elsewhere for under a grand.

Try the Benefit Store off 75 and Spring Valley in Richardson.

I will check it out..

I got a desk it looks pretty cool I guess..

I will take some pics tonight, I got something cheap..

Quote Originally Posted by Tool
    Im looking for a Desk for my office at home.. anyone know of a good place where I can get a good quality desk without spending a ton..

Im looking for a solid wood desk in a L shape with a hutch..
    If you want to be a true Cheap Bastard, you can do what I did: my home office desk is a solid core 36" door that I stained and placed on a pair of utility shelves. It looks kinda cool in a functional/industrial way, it offers me a very large desktop, and plenty of storage space on the shelves. Alternatively, you could do the same on top of two large file cabinets and have plenty of filing space.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw