Thread: plate bracket bolts: size & pitch

Default plate bracket bolts: size & pitch

Maybe I'm just a big , but I've gotten nervous with a few friends in blue staring at my naked front bumper the past few days. I've got a bracket and whatnot in the trunk, but the mounting bolts inside the sled's "mouth" seem to have gone missing at some point.
    Anyone happen to know what size bolts I'll need for the NA, as well as thread pitch?
    Just need something workable until I'm able to get a Stiffy *cough*...

I am pretty sure that those holes arent threaded. Just get a nut, bolt and washer. That should set you up.

There is a special bolt that slips in from the top that has a small shoulder and a traingular plate formed into the top and it uses a standard 10mm nut, of which there are thousands on a Miata....steal two! If not, I've got several of the real thing in the "spare bolts" cans....in Springtown
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Talk about timing, eh?
    I just found the funky, triangular bolts in the trunk, along with the appropriate nuts and one of two lock washers...
    ...and I'm getting a Stiffy this morning.
    Let's see if other things I want magically show up after a three day wait. Could it really be that easy? Let me just whip out the ol' shopping list here...
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates