Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woohoo!! I've got Tuesday off!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Count me in as well. I was looking forward to my first happy hour as a bona fide working guy again...

So... when are you gonna get another day off, Bean?
    So I'll tell you what happened today...

My boss called me into his office and asked me close the door. He had a dead serious look on his face. He then proceeds to tell me that the guy we hired changed his mind and wasn't taking the job. My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it. I asked if he was serious and he said he was. I was quickly enraged. He showed me an email that the fella had sent him explaning why he wasn't taking the gig. I read the email and just about fell over. His wife just got a raise and he wasn't coming. I stormed out the door looking for the guy's brother-in-law (Brian, the audio guy, who also works for me!)

When I couldn't find Brian and walked back into the newsroom. My boss found me and asked me if I had Noah's phone number (Noah is our assistant chief photog and a close friend of mine.) I gave Anthony (my boss) the number asking why he would want to call Noah about this. He said because he wanted to talk to him about the situation.

So this piqued my curiosity...

I asked "Why would Noah have anything to do with my weekend director?"

Anthony says to me "Nothing... this about Joel... the newly hired photog that turned down the job."

I looked at him cock-eyed. I said "Joel? Who cares about him... I'm talking about Zack (the newly hired weekend director)... why would I care about Joel?

Backstory -

Joel, Anthony and I worked together in El Paso and in Jacksonville, Florida. Joel quit on Anthony in Jacksonville once already... and Anthony swore he'd never hire him again. I came to Dallas and Joel went to North Carolina somewhere. Suddenly, Joel found himself without a job... so he begged and pleaded for this one...

Turns out we were talking about two different people. Zack, my new guy, is starting on the 8th. Joel, isn't coming at all... after being offered a nice salary too! I was relieved... but my boss was still bothered.

So I do have relief on the way... and soon I'll be buying the rounds!

So... when are you gonna get another day off, Bean?

Arrow curiousity

3Bean, do i know you? (well not really) but i work for a tv station and with what you wrote (photog and directors) hmm, what station do you work for, and is that position for photographer still open? I just got through with my Demo Reel where i did some nice edits (which gave me the title of world wide editor) and some recent shoots in Vegas about a week ago.
    Anyway i guess this would be a whole new thread... pm me when you get a chance...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    3Bean, do i know you?
    Nope.

what station do you work for, and is that position for photographer still open?
    If you know we have a photographer spot open you must know which station it is.

...which gave me the title of world wide editor
    Can't say I've ever heard of a "World Wide Editor". What do you mean by "World Wide Editor"? You cut in PAL, SECAM and NTSC?

pm me when you get a chance...
    Why don't you PM me if you've got any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell

If you know we have a photographer spot open you must know which station it is.

You mentioned in your earlier post you said "Nothing... this about Joel... the newly hired photog that turned down the job." That would clue me into the fact that you had that position open, and it is still not filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    You mentioned in your earlier post you said "Nothing... this about Joel... the newly hired photog that turned down the job." That would clue me into the fact that you had that position open, and it is still not filled.
    Damn you and my fading memory...

Mouglie, PM me nonetheless if you have questions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123