Thread: well here goes! bigger turbo and turn internals to spaghetti!

Suspension Modder

Default well here goes! bigger turbo and turn internals to spaghetti!

please pray as this weekend we'll be starting the car with its new turbo! the plan: lots of fuel, lots of boost, and if the rods bend we'll buy another turbo and add more boost to straighten them out! The gt25R that i've got has very little shaft play and is still for sale.
    Drifting, where tire life is measured in minutes not miles!

here's to hoping all goes well!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Chassis Designer

Just thought i'd spoil Bryan's (MSR Red Miata) celebetory post and say he's got it running I spotted him while cruising tonight on the car's maiden voyage since he got the new turbo and stopped and talked to him for a while..
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

Suspension Modder

thanks for the thoughts guys! well everything has worked out better than I thought it would (knock on wood), our first data log showed 292hp at the rear on 14.5lbs of boost. so realisticly we're probably looking at about 280 at the rear right now. we're headed to the ranch this evening to do some more tuning and hopefully everything will go well we're really wanting 300 at the rear so here goes!

Chassis Designer

So when you gonna let me drive that thing man? Ill let you drive mine if u let me drive yours.. lol jk. I have to say though it was quite humerous watching you at the muffler shop the other day runnin around like a after ur car.. haha did you finally get your DP issue settled?

Default nice

i would drool over your car if i would see it....
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

I just want to see the Corvette's owners face the next time he races one off of the light.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Suspension Modder

well everything went okay. the car survived and after adding the exhaust the car made 280 hp at 231 ft/lb's! YIPPIE!!!!!! she just doesn't have the 18 wheeler whine that she had runnin' around with just the downpipe! but it's alright though at least i can hear my wife now, instead of just screaming i know i love the SOUND TOO! I dont know how to post a pic so if anybody would like to see the car it's on rotawheels.com website, it now doesn't have the graphics on it, we pulled them off after formula d. It's the red one.

Chassis Designer

Oh btw he failed to mention that on the rotawheels.com page its in the gallery section, 3rd row down, first 4 pics on the left..

Chassis Designer

Hey Bryan do you happen to know right off hand how much the Slipstream line of wheels in 15X7.0 Black costs? Not that I have any money to spend on them , jus outa curiosity