Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comments on this miata?

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I still think that if he walks in and bullies then with 3k in cash, they'd be silly not to take it.
    All he can do is try, the absolute worst that can happen is they will tell him no!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    All he can do is try, the absolute worst that can happen is they will tell him no!
    Exactly... either one or the other party is going to be happy with this transaction.

Good luck to you!

Doesn't Kags work at a FW area lexus dealership? Is this his? Perhaps he could get us some inside info?

I emailed the seller and found out that the fuel gauge is inoperable, meaning it does not read fuel level. What's required to fix it? Also in the ebay description, it stated "the engine could use a tune up(has a miss under acceleration), could that just be spark plugs and wires? And how much does a Torsen usually run? I will try to check it out tomorrow and with cash in hand. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by apex2apex
    I emailed the seller and found out that the fuel gauge is inoperable, meaning it does not read fuel level. What's required to fix it?
    Could be a loose wire, could need a sending unit, could be the gauge in the dash.
    Also in the ebay description, it stated "the engine could use a tune up(has a miss under acceleration), could that just be spark plugs and wires?
    Sure or it could be something worse! I'd get a compresion check done on it before you hand them the cash.
    And how much does a Torsen usually run? I will try to check it out tomorrow and with cash in hand. Thanks!
    About a $1,000 give or take a few $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Could be a loose wire, could need a sending unit, could be the gauge in the dash.
    Sure or it could be something worse! I'd get a compresion check done on it before you hand them the cash.About a $1,000 give or take a few $$$.
    Where can I get a compression check done? I have seen Gary done it, but I still don't know how.

i just drove it.
    it is in pretty good shape on the body, some scratches, nothing deep, 2 dings and one outie, looks like the battery broke loose and popped it out. cas leaks. there is a very noticable stumble and misfire when cold, as it got warmer it was less, but i could feel it under accel. the key does not open the trunk. no power steering, didnt try the ac either, he said it was ok but wasnt ice. one of the other salesmen called it a piece of crap jokingly, didnt realize i was standing there to look at it... he said they are willing to work on a better price, but i was not in a position at the time to shoot an offer,
    miles are 88k, (i think, 80 somehting k), clutch felt a little wierd. but wasnt slipping as far as i could tell, transmission did not feel as crisp as my 150k one does though. it was a girl that owned it before and traded it on an IS300. needs an alignment desperatlely. didnt drive too bad though. not the normal amount of power though.
    he said they have had like 5 calls on it today, but i was the first to look at it. he aske dme if i was looking to bild an scca car, and was like yeah its not very nice, i was lke no, i want a daily driver, then his sales tactics changed.... he has a z06 vette as his car and knew about miatas, helped put a FM turbo kit on some buddies of his.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Well apex2apex did you go look at it? Did ya buy it?

Come on don't leave us hanging!

No, I did not see it on sat. After reading fwMiata comment, I decided I would rather pay more money on one that required less work. Last time I checked, it was sold 3 days before the auction ended. The hunt continues....

No, I did not see it on sat. After reading fwMiata comment, I decided I would rather pay more money on one that required less work. Last time I checked, it was sold 3 days before the auction ended. The hunt continues....
    Do you know if they got their asking price?

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Do you know if they got their asking price?
    I have no idea.

I'm slashing prices over in the forsale forum. Step right in!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12