Thread: Old pinball machine repair

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    On the other hand... I'd consider trades if you have an arcade game... Doesn't even need to run right as I can fix 'em. My Atari Kangaroo game could use company in the garage.
    Can you fix an old pinball machine?
    (no, it isn't for sale)

Depends on what parts are needed, but yes...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Depends on what parts are needed, but yes...

My dad picked it up for me around 1979... It got a lot of use in the 80's, but found it's way to Dad's garage about 15 years ago. I rescued it last summer, and replaced all the rubber. That's when I learned it had bigger problems.

Easy part: The plastic on one of the flippers is broke. If that was all that was wrong, I would have tried to fix it myself.

Hard part: The ball return isn't working.... When a ball goes down, it keeps trying endlessly to get it out but doesn't get anywhere.

One other thing... its electro-mechanical, not digital.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, let's get a moderator to separate this out & put it in the appropriate section...

We can continue the discussion there.

RJ

Well, let's get a moderator to separate this out & put it in the appropriate section...

We can continue the discussion there.

RJ
    Ask and ye shall receive!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Ask and ye shall receive!
    Thanks Mick!

Yup!

Thanks Mick!

Todd: http://www.marcospecialties.com/MODE...p?Cc=PFLD-FLIP

You need part # A-3994-5 for the flipper.

As for the ball return problem, there is a "ball return solenoid", an activator switch, wiring, power supply, and the mechanical pathway the ball goes on that need to be looked at. Any of those items can cause the issue of it not kicking the ball back.

RJ

Yup!

Thanks Mick!

Todd: http://www.marcospecialties.com/MODE...p?Cc=PFLD-FLIP

You need part # A-3994-5 for the flipper.

As for the ball return problem, there is a "ball return solenoid", an activator switch, wiring, power supply, and the mechanical pathway the ball goes on that need to be looked at. Any of those items can cause the issue of it not kicking the ball back.

RJ
    Yep... I had hunted down the flipper part, and it looks easy enough. It's the return mess that has kept me from messing with it..... Well that and the fact that it would lead me to obsessing with a complete restoration job... first the dozen bulbs that need replacing.. then the scratched up playing field glass, the chipped poppers, etc etc etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I can swing by one night & take a look at the ball return issue. It's not to hard to fix something like that... the lightbulbs are pretty simple too... I can help you fix it then you can play it again before you decide to go hog wild on a restoration

RJ

You'd hope...

Some of 'em are inside of stuff you have to take all apart... some of those plastic pieces get brittle with heat/age and you have to be very careful or you end up replacing some old and hard to find pieces.

It's really not for the faint of heart.

RJ