Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S-2000 Autocross #2 (SUNDAY!) May 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Hey... isn't that leadfootjon fellow signed up in the wrong class again?
    Nope. He's running his Azenis so that the can save his Hoosiers from further Mineral Wells abuse. You guys have fun in "Miata street" class. :P

On a side note, I noticed that instigator is signed up to co-drive Deam Yamada's '92 IROC. I wonder if he blew up his Evo already?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Now at 47 entrants...Looks like there will be lots of good competition in the Street Class. This will be fun.

A little concerned though, I don't see Egothreat on the list just yet....

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Nope. He's running his Azenis so that the can save his Hoosiers from further Mineral Wells abuse. You guys have fun in "Miata street" class. :P
    Nuts... Looks like I'll have to hire a faster driver for my car to even trophy...

13 Miatas, 13 S2Ks... Cool... Looks like a highly competitive day!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Signed up, but no confirmation yet.

If Mr. Teranova decides to play that weekend, I'll be trying to evolve into a better driver
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    A little concerned though, I don't see Egothreat on the list just yet....
    It's gotta be the wheels...

Iain, the second e-mail bounced back as well. Since you said you will contact them, I'll let things ride as is.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Iain, the second e-mail bounced back as well.
    Second email? I suggested you PM Clovis - the first poster on this second page. He's one of the NTS2kOC board members. How do you get a PM to bounce? :P

Seriously though - hit the PM button at the bottom of his message, and drop him a line about instruction. You're one o' them computer guys - you oughta be able to figure it out.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Looks like we hit the 50 mark....13 S2K's and 14 Miatae!!!!
    Is this a first?

Way to go JRW for the 'Dad' sponsorship of College Boy.

On a side note, I noticed that instigator is signed up to co-drive Deam Yamada's '92 IROC. I wonder if he blew up his Evo already?
    From an email list I am on
    "It's too bad I can't register for it. My car is at the dealership
    again for the tranny. I already got a new transfer case 2 weeks ago,
    then it started acting up again. I just talked to them and they're
    pulling the transmission and may just have to replace it. 5th gear is
    gone and the bearings are whining so loud, you can't hear the radio"

That is what Jeremy instigator said about his car. Also they are having a laugh, because it isnt an IROC, but Jeremy registered it as one...

Suspension Modder

Looks like I'm not gonna be the one to take last place this time.. cuz I'm going to New York that week with my family

Have fun guys!

nah, either way i'd prolly have taken that honor from you. :P
    '99 Triple Black

If you're registered and know you can't make it, be sure and do like Tn did and cancel your registration so that others can take your spot.

Bummer... I was really looking forward to seeing more Miatae than S2Ks.

Well damn! I guess I waited to long and now they are full Anyway if someone drops out please let me know because I would like to take your place.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    Well damn! I guess I waited to long and now they are full Anyway if someone drops out please let me know because I would like to take your place.
    DLB needs an automated 'waiting list.' If you sign up and the list is full, your name is automatically put on the waiting list in order as it was received. When a participant drops off, the next waiting list person is automatically signed in an notified via email......somebody want to work on this idea?

DLB needs an automated 'waiting list.' If you sign up and the list is full, your name is automatically put on the waiting list in order as it was received. When a participant drops off, the next waiting list person is automatically signed in an notified via email......somebody want to work on this idea?
    PM Clovis. He's a "big-wig" in the NTS2KOC...

I agree. I think it also needs to "auto reserve" places for the people who have already pre-payed for the season, since a little surfing on the S2000 board will show that some of the pre-pays were unable to register.

I'm just not sure about DLB yet. I don't really see what benefits it offers us over what we previously had (either here or with SCCA), but I don't know enough about what goes on behind the scenes to make an honest assessment.
    Iain

Not so much with SCCA (yet), but with S2000, the timing & scoring guy can download the "finished" registration list to the laptop and is DONE. All the info for the event is ready to go, since everyone registered through the site.

Yes, there are some hassles that have to be dealt with "the old fashioned" way (through e-mail or PM or phone), but it really does help out our hosts in making for smooth registration at the event with less frustration for the registrar.

I agree. I think it also needs to "auto reserve" places for the people who have already pre-payed for the season, since a little surfing on the S2000 board will show that some of the pre-pays were unable to register....
    The waiting list is a good idea, but I'm not so sure about the "auto reserve" idea. Particularly with the S2000 club -- where they limit the number of entrants -- there has to be something besides the full-year pre-pays as a way to register for each individual event. I understand that if you pre-pay, your intent would be to make every event, but the pre-pay's don't always come.

If you just pre-populated the event registration with the pre-pays, it might take a spot of someone who did not pre-pay but wanted to come out anyway. So you've pre-populated the list with the 43 people (or whatever, but you know it was most of the people who attended the first event) who pre-paid. That leaves 7 (or whatever) spots for anyone who didn't pre-pay. Pre-reg ends after the first 7 people register. Then on the day of the event, 38 people show up -- the 7 pre-reg/non pre-pays and 31 of the 43 pre-pays (who were "auto-populated"). 12 people who could have come out to play just got hosed.

And before you say "yeah, but those auto-populated pre-pays could just log on and "unregister" to free up spaces, remember this is the same bunch that are whining now because they didn't bother to log on and register. What makes you think they would bother to log on to "un-register"?

I read what they are saying on the S2000 board, but you know what? All the pre-pays (OK, most... 'cuz you can never say "all") know they have to pre-reg for individual events. Sorry if the S2000 Autocross Director(s) ask you to take an active role in signing up. It takes 2 minues... or an eMail/PM to Clovis... and you're done. And the S2000 AX Directors are saying that if you've pre-paid for the year, send your name in and they'll add you to the event registration list.

I would suggest one thing to the S2000 folks -- send an eMail out to all the pre-pays about 3 days in advance of opening on-line registration. Give the pre-pays that chance to get their name on the list before opening it up to everyone (they simply eMail back saying "yep, I'm in" or "nope, I can't make it" and someone enters that information into the site). That way the pre-pays don't get "locked out", but others still get a chance to get i on the fun.

Kestrel
    Member: NTS2KOC

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Not so much with SCCA (yet), but with S2000, the timing & scoring guy can download the "finished" registration list to the laptop and is DONE. All the info for the event is ready to go, since everyone registered through the site.

Yes, there are some hassles that have to be dealt with "the old fashioned" way (through e-mail or PM or phone), but it really does help out our hosts in making for smooth registration at the event with less frustration for the registrar.
    Well said!

I'm looking over the other suggestions on the pre-pay "issue". Just wanted to make it clear that if you pre-paid and the event is full, please send me an e-mail ([email protected]) and I'll get you fixed up. Maybe the "We're sorry, registration is full for this event" should say "We're sorry open registration is closed. If you have pre-paid for the year or are a member of the NTS2KOC please e-mail David at [email protected] and we will register you manually". Thoughts?
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast