Thread: Day spa?

Default Day spa?

Not for me, although god knows I could use some "beauty enhancement"...

My 8th wedding anniversary is coming up at the end of the month, and I'd like to treat my wonderful wife to a day of beauty. Y'know, manicure, pedicure, mud wrap, or whatever else it is women do when they go to the spa.

Trouble is, I know as much about spas as my wife does about trailbraking - in other words, nothing. Can anyone recommend a nice place to get her a package from? It's our first anniversary in over half a decade when we haven't been on some sort of restricted income, so I'd like to splurge and send her somewhere nice.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

Why do you post this crap on the board, you trying to make us look bad! :ncool:

Get her some new floormats for the car, and take her to Arby's for a 5 for $5! It's only been eight years for crying out loud!

Ok, that is it. You are officially expelled from Team Cheap Bastard! Welcome to Team Fancy Lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    Ok, that is it. You are officially expelled from Team Cheap Bastard! Welcome to Team Fancy Lad.
    Problem is, we've been doing anniversiaries "Team Cheap Bastard" style ever since I went back to school. Now that we're back to being DINKs, I'd like to suprise her with something nice for a change.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Let me be the first to say . Other than that, someplace in Dallas is probably going to be the most fancy.

Geez, is anybody actually going to answer altiain's question and help him out?

I've given my wife Spa Package Gift Certificates for Elizabeth Arden Red Door Salon several times, and it's always been a big hit. There are three in Dallas, but none in west Texas...ah,er,um...Mid-Cities/Fort Worth, so you might have to throw in a limousine ride too, you Fancy Lad.

Last edited by Kestrel; 08-18-2005 at 06:49 AM.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

To answer the question, for the Mid-Cities area I have heard of a day Spa right on 20 before the Parks Mall. My wife has raved about it. But Im sure a day in fru fru Dallas will be considered a nicer gift.

*Edit: I cant believe I just searched for this. One with locations in Ft Worth, Bedford, and Arlington Link and a directory of a few in the DFW area Link
    Last edited by wrxmr2eater; 08-18-2005 at 07:38 AM.

I'm betting Colleyville or Southlake has a Bling Bling Spa for ya Altiain!

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

MOST fancy?

How much are you talkin' about?

Because, if you are wanting to go all out with bonus points to spare:

http://www.hotelzaza.com/ZaSpa_ZaSpa.aspx
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

OK guys, let me narrow the requirements down a bit...

I'm willing to spend a couple of hundred dollars, but if it costs more than a set of race tires to send her to the spa for a day, fuggedahboutit.

I'm an engineer, not an investment banker.
    Iain