Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prelude meet

Arrow prelude meet

would anyone be interested in meeting with a pack of 9 preludes?
    as far as i know they meet the first sunday of every month which September's will be on the 4th. The plan is to get there around 6pm, eat, then take a ride south on I35 to downtown, then 75 north onto 635 west and back to 35 and 635... I joined them this month and they asked me to invite some go-karts, anyone interested let me know and i'll post more info.
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

I suppose if I'm not busy, they were cool letting us join them at Hallet earlier in the year.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    They asked me to invite some go-karts, anyone interested let me know and i'll post more info.
    I might go....But where do we get the Go-Karts?
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Arrow go-karts

hahaa, thats funny. Well then i guess only my car is a go kart so i don't offend anyone next time i make my comparisons...
    yah i know, they only go on the highways and no twisties but i haven't ridden with them very long so i don't know if thats the usual route they take. To be honest, there's some highways that are really nice like from garland going on 635 and exiting south on 75 gosh that feels so good, the ramp is really high up there and just goes into a nice drop, makes me feel like raising my arms just like a roller coaster, except i'm in a go kart, lol...
    alright, just got of the phone with a friend who usually goes to this lude meets, the place is called Papa's BBQ and it's got a big cow on top so you can't miss it. If you're on I35 downtown dallas going north you will exit on Northwest Highway and take a right. Two blocks down, there might be some construction around the area, can't miss it. Time: 6pm
    First sunday of Sept.

who's interested?
    Last edited by Mouglie; 08-22-2005 at 12:07 AM.
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie

who's interested?
    I'm always interested in eating! "Do they have Catfish?"... If not BBQ is fine!
    Should I drive my Honda or my Miata?
    Anyone else interested in Rollin with the ludes?

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    ...Rollin with the ludes?

Jerry
    Not if their idea of a run is 35, 635 and or 75... I do that on a daily basis going to work.

Their big heavy cars are too fat to go throught the twisties.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Not if they're idea of a run is 35, 635 and or 75...
    You my good man make a very good point......

This is more like what they need to roll on.......

Chassis Designer

Now thats a perty lil stretch of road if I do say so myself.. Out in the country around where I live we got some like that, althought it aint as pretty countryside, but whats countryside really when your just ripping right past it anyways?
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

Talking hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    I'm always interested in eating! "Do they have Catfish?"... If not BBQ is fine!
    Should I drive my Honda or my Miata?
    Anyone else interested in Rollin with the ludes?

Jerry

Hmm, Honda or Miata, lol... good question, i'll put it this way, whichever you like best.

By the way, that picture you posted, is that here in the dallas area? Nice drive, now i have a better idea of what 3bean means by twisties
    Last edited by Mouglie; 08-22-2005 at 12:15 AM.

Hello everyone, this is Mouglie (Edgars) friend from the Prelude group. Personally I have only gone to a few of the meets myself, but they're pretty cool.....I do like Preludes more than most people, though, haha. They usually talk for a while and then go cruise through Dallas. It's just for a fun time, but we definately aren't afraid of some curvy roads. I'm sure we can occomadate if you guys have some suggestions....

Here's the North Texas Prelude Owners Group website--NTPOG .

Not if their idea of a run is 35, 635 and or 75... I do that on a daily basis going to work.
    Come on now, for big fun you could bring a friend and run in the HOV lane!

Your right POS Looks like the HOV lane is our best bet.....

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Come on now, for big fun you could bring a friend and run in the HOV lane!
    That means I'd have to put the passenger seat back in.

Talking

That means I'd have to put the passenger seat back in.
    Well there's the seat hurdle, as well as actually finding yourself a friend!

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    Their big heavy cars are too fat to go throught the twisties.
    Hey now, don't break off more than you can chew. Some of those guys at Hallet were pretty impressive and ran better times than a lot of Miatas I know. 1:39's and a few 1:38's and 1:37's
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

I realize this. I was trying some sarcasm, mabye I should work on that.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast