Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lone Star Miata Club Homecoming - Oct. 15, 2005

Default Mouglie

i'll be there for a while, don't know if i'll stick for the whole run but i wanna get to meet other drivers... see you guys there!
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

We're going! FOUR people, two Miatas..........
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    We're going! FOUR people, two Miatas..........
    You guys may want to contact Bill and let him know you plan on attending!
    Quote Originally Posted by billccsi
    I will need a head count. Just let me know by the 13th.

Bill & Jan
    [email protected]
    888 539 5577

I'm not going to be able to attend.

My boy has a soccer game on Saturday and I missed the last two.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

30+ cars as of this afternoon................gonna be fun
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

ME......
    Last edited by riverracer; 10-15-2005 at 09:22 AM.
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Suspension Modder

Bill,

Good drive, good day and good food. Perfect. We had a large group and it was nice to see some of the "old" LSMC members. I would have counted but we split into three groups: Leaders, Losts and Lags . It was an amazing thing to see as all showed up at the same place.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by mosmiles
    Bill,

Good drive, good day and good food. Perfect. We had a large group and it was nice to see some of the "old" LSMC members. I would have counted but we split into three groups: Leaders, Losts and Lags . It was an amazing thing to see as all showed up at the same place.

Carl
    Sorry I missed it! I did at least get to say hello to some folks at the meetup spot while I grabbed some lunch. Catfish would have been better.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Default Work gets in the way, again!

I would have loved to have gone. If only I didn't have to pay them bills.

I had a guy at work that went to Jack in the box for lunch tell me all about the 12 miata's he saw at there. Pretty neat when you get recognition from a non-miata owner
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Talking so who went?

well i was there, and got to see riverracer... don't know if anyone else made it since i'm not familiar with everyone on this forum but the drive was lovely, we stopped at a gas station and the girl behind the counter looked outside the window and couldn't believe all the Miatas out there, hahaa...
    funny thing was that some ppl were commenting about a miata with a band-aid on its bumper and how silly that was, i just replied that it was mine and i was hoping that it would help my bumper heal, maybe i'll try some neosporin the next time...

Great run Bill!!!
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Shelley and I were there. Me in Sunny and Shelley was in the Mini. We had her son, and he swapped back and forth. The roads on the first section had lots of nice sweepers, but it was WAY too slow I finally started passing and got to the front just before we stopped...... Second half was pretty boring. The catfish was ok, but we all smelled so bad from the fried food atmosphere that we had to throw all our clothes in the washer.

As has been typical for the last five years, eating is more important than driving....sigh. It was, however, nice to see some friends from the old days, but it's still not my kind of club anymore

There was one 2006....tallest car in the bunch! It was pretty, though, and VERY red. Unfortunately, I saw more red brake lights than were necessary when I was behind it.

Chassis Designer

We ended up with 25 cars, 39 people.

Weather was good, roads were great, and not a single whiner or cry-baby! No complaints about driving speeds, directions, or too much CB chatter. Nobody got lost, (at least not for long). And the catfish was good and the pies plentiful.

The only thing that hacked me off was the fellow (and new LSMC member) who bought his '06 SE at the state fair, when I'VE been on a waiting list for 2 months, and am told there isn't likely to be any available!!!
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

Chassis Designer

Merv... forgot to mention... this wasn't really typical of our drives. We were trying to reach out to some new people.

The drives over the last couple of years have become more interesting. Particularly since the "stay together" mindset has pretty much gone away. We actively encourage people to drive their own pace, and enjoy themselves. As you know, if you have more than two cars, you'll have varying driving styles.

Yesterday was similar to usual runs in that there were 2-3 groups that formed up naturally. The only diff is that the front group usually runs a bit faster.

Great seeing you guys, and I do hope we see you again soon...
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT

The only thing that hacked me off was the fellow (and new LSMC member) who bought his '06 SE at the state fair, when I'VE been on a waiting list for 2 months, and am told there isn't likely to be any available!!!
    Someone is blowing smoke up your ash, there are two SE's listed within 50 miles of my house if you do a search on Mazda's Website.
    (HANCOCK MAZDA & CLASSIC MAZDA)

Chassis Designer

Thanks for the info... when I checked I was told by both dealers that the cars were not yet sold, but were "committed".
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT

Thanks for the info... when I checked I was told by both dealers that the cars were not yet sold, but were "committed".
    Walk in with cash in hand and their commitment will surely shift...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123