Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drove an NC today!

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    ANother thing I noticed yesterday the front emblem is HUGE. It is also in a depression in the front bumper.
    I think that front end would look better without the badge... but then again I debadge just about every car I have. It'll take some nice body work to fill that gap.

The radiator is tilted down isn't it? For lower center of gravity.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I test drove the car as well yesterday and think right now it would be good for the majority, but not for the high performance driver that most of us prefer. I told the salesman that I wanted to really feel how the car handled and he was OK with it. Yea, I scared the sh_t out of him, but he was pumped when we got back, he never had a customer drive a new car like that. drove the Touring model as well. The Sport with the Bilstein dampeners might have been better choice. I drove the car where I new there was a hard 90, a soft 90 and some esses.

Suspension, suspension, suspension sways like a SUV! Almost scarey! The low profile tires give it quick turn in, but the extra travel from the suspension, high center of gravity and minimal sway bar stifness lets the car roll big time. It felt like the body leaned 6" either direction when I went through the esses and of course the car began to come loose. The NB stock suspension, from what I can remember does not lean this much. If you get to test drive one, find some place where you can drive it hard.

Until there is aftermarket dampeners and sway bars to improve the handling I would recommend the NC for those that drive no more than 5 MPH over the posted speed limit in the turns. The rest of the car was nice, high quality interior and knobs and a cool top I could actual pull it up and down one handed as advertised.

Engine had a nice performance sound. I couldn't really hear the exhaust that much. Torque was good low down and had nice mid range. Above 6000 RPM the power started dropping off. Of course this car was new so after it breaks in it will probably loosen up.

Maybe in about a year I would look at a Club Sport.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by shuhart1
    Until there is aftermarket dampeners and sway bars to improve the handling I would recommend the NC for those that drive no more than 5 MPH over the posted speed limit in the turns.
    I have heard that RacingBeat got a prototype to play with some time ago and has swaybars, springs, and a 4-1 header ready to go into production.

Took the lovely wife over to Hiley tonight so she could see the new NC.

Ran into Melvin Smith (Assistant Sales Manager- [email protected]) again, he mentioned the SE was now available the original purchaser backed out of the car due to family commitments in Louisiana...

Since I was at Hiley I decided to try the old camera phone again!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Ouch... my neck hurts!
    Sorry still working on my photo skillz!

And yes that is Winning Blue! :cool:

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I still like that copper red!

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like an NA with a 3" lift and a bad body kit?

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Am I the only one who thinks this looks like an NA with a 3" lift and a bad body kit?
    It actually does look a lot better in person! :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    It actually does look a lot better in person! :cool:
    I agree... having seen the preview a few months back. I'm looking forward to driving one, however, gas prices going the way they are, I bet dealers will be hesistant to let Tom, Dick and Harry go tripping through the daisies on their dime.

I'll take one in black
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I agree it looks better in person. Still not fond of the taillights or wheel gap though. Love the top and the latch, the gauges and the exhaust note! I am utterly impressed with the build quality of the car. I was shocked to find it felt as solid as a BMW or Porsche. The way the doors/trunk shut and everything was lined up precisely. I was a little surprised at how stiff the base suspension was. Not that I'm complaining but a lot of regular buyers, like my mother, may not be too fond of the stiff ride.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I just noticed they all already have the front license plate bracket attached. That's just bogus.
    Try and keep up Sparky.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Mazda still hasn't figured out the front license plate bracket with screws just waiting to poke holes in the nose of the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12