Thread: Gas prices suck!

Default Gas prices suck!

Dammit this sucks! Being a full time student and only working part time now, I cannot afford to got to the Miata's @ Hallet now! I need new track pads, then the $150 event fee (a bit steep considering the turnout they usually have), then the cost of gas to get up there and back! I just don't have the $$$ for that.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Gas prices at the station near my house went down yesterday from $3.09 to $2.99
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Well... one nice thing about the high gas prices...

My company just worked out a deal so that I can catch the corporate shuttle down to the DART rail station at Parker from here in McKinney... my commute just went from 25 miles each way to around 2. Should see my monthly gas bill drop a bit.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Sorry to hear that Chris. They have 45 registered, so 35 spots are open. They will register people Fri. night and Sat. morning. I'm betting this is the last one, I doubt they break even this time.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Sorry to hear that Chris. They have 45 registered, so 35 spots are open. They will register people Fri. night and Sat. morning. I'm betting this is the last one, I doubt they break even this time.
    Not break even? With a $150 fee I don't see how, unless Hallet has increased the price to rent the track. I'll just stick to joining their HST series for $35 a year and $75 a day. Race on sat for $75 and visit the grandparents on sunday is much more inviting.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

The price of a barrel of crude is back down the price that it sold at a week before Katrina hit but the price gas has yet to drop in most areas. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    The price of a barrel of crude is back down the price that it sold at a week before Katrina hit but the price gas has yet to drop in most areas. Go figure.
    I think it has to do with refining the crude into gas. That is where the short supply is coming from.

This last week I have been driving very conservatively. Going the speed limit everywhere and doing it in 5th gear. 55-60 on the freeway. Ill post once I fill up how many miles I got on this tank and the MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    This last week I have been driving very conservatively. Going the speed limit everywhere and doing it in 5th gear. 55-60 on the freeway. Ill post once I fill up how many miles I got on this tank and the MPG.
    I have as well. I also pop it out of gear and coast as much as possible.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    I have as well. I also pop it out of gear and coast as much as possible.
    If that helps then try turning it off at the red lights
    Keep us posted....:-D
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

And in better news, the three stations near me are 2.69 for regular.

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    And in better news, the three stations near me are 2.69 for regular.
    It's still 2.99 where I live... so I'm stuck payin 3.19 for premium
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

2.74 is the cheapest near me. (Grayson county)
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 09-08-2005 at 07:19 AM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Well, up untill a few days ago it was $3.19 for regular over here in North Garland! Luckily it's back down to $2.98 now.