Thread: Miata magazine

Default Miata magazine

Anybody know where I can get a copy of Miata magazine, or even if it is still printed. The local Hastings stopped carrying it. (not sure when) Thanks
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Suspension Modder

Miata magazine ceased publication a few years ago as the result of the trademark crackdown on the use of the word "Miata". Advertisers were to be affected resulting in loss of projected revenue according to the publisher among other problems. The magazine has come back as "MazdaSport" and is Mazda product centered. Last issue was Volume 2, Issue 3-2005. It's about 40% Miata related (that's an estimate, not scientific). Club pages (there are a few) are still Miata Club oriented as the other models do not have many clubs. Barbara Beach still does the magazine but signed off on her column in the last issue.

There was a link on Miata.Net for subscriptions or go to www.mazdaevents.com. I read last night that the "Knobmiester" has been instructed to cease use of the various trademarks.

Carl
    Last edited by mosmiles; 09-10-2005 at 06:14 AM. Reason: removed an opinion.

Thanks.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Hey blackzx3_13 have you found a Miata yet? I know you had some prospects but did anything ever happen?
    No more Miata

Nah, nothing really. A few dead ends, and a few extremly nice ones that are more $$ than I have to spend, and way, WAY to many junked out Miatas that the owners want way too much for.

I forgot to add, several dealers who do not know a thing about what they are selling (not anything new), and are full of excrament. The quest continues however.

I haven't seen you at many auto-xs lately, hows the house coming?

I have several back issues of Miata Magazine if you wanna buy them.

Let me know if your interested and I can let you know what issues I have.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)