Thread: Aftermarket ECU

Default Aftermarket ECU

Who locally is using full-replacement computers in their cars?
    I'd love to read some thoughts on ECUs as far as ease of use, available options, et al.
    I'm looking to possibly get a Haltech or Holley Commander, but would like to consider other options as well. Since I've posted in the FI forum, boost control would be a good function to be included in the software.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Link - It's very good, but I think there are better more modern units available
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Link here, and many of us are using it, therefore local support.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I was under the impression the Link was a piggy-back unit. Would this, then, be an incorrect assumption?
    Aside from Flyin' Miata and the occasional eBay appearance, where could a Link be found & purchased?
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r
    I was under the impression the Link was a piggy-back unit. Would this, then, be an incorrect assumption?
    Aside from Flyin' Miata and the occasional eBay appearance, where could a Link be found & purchased?
    The 99+ link is a piggyback unit. The versions for 90-97 are full ECUs that plug right in to the factory harness. I believe FlyingMiata is the exclusive US distributor.