Thread: Nissan Versa--A Scion for Grown-Ups

Default Nissan Versa--A Scion for Grown-Ups

Here's Nissan's upcoming sub-compact:

The Versa, which is smaller than the Sentra, is expected to have a base price of about $12,000. A typically equipped model will have a sticker price of around $13,500, Nissan said.

That low price is possible because the Versa shares much of its components with Nissan's global B-car platform, said Jed Connelly, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Nissan North America.

The Versa will be equipped with a new, all-aluminum 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine rated at about 120 hp and 125 pounds-feet of torque. Mated to an optional continuously variable transmission, Nissan says the powertrain should deliver a combined city-highway fuel economy rating of 38 mpg.

------------

Very nice. Sort of a Scion xB for grown-ups. It'll be interesting to see how this competes with Honda's upcoming Jazz and Toyota's upcoming Yaris Echo replacement.

I'm thrilled to see the rebirth of the truly small car in this country. These are exactly the kind of utilitarian, well-build, reasonably stylish affordable cars that we've been denied since the Civic et al got bigger and more expensive. Accents and Rios just feel like cheap cars. Something like this makes an appealing OTM.

S.

hmm... I'll have to go look in the parking lot, but there's a funky little nissan here that looks about like that?

I think these cars will be pretty big sellers.. (just just this one, this whoel new segment)

Decent transportation for well under 20k... not a bad plan to me.
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??