Thread: lilred's introduction

Tire Warmer

Default Introductions

I was recently gifted with a red 03 LS miata for Valentine's Day (after years of whining). For you guys on the forum this is a perfect Valentine's Day gift, guaranteed to win you mucho points. Work as a women's health nurse practitioner. I can do an emergency pap smear anytime you need one at a rally. We live in Arlington. I'd like to try autocrossing - specifically see how many cones I can smack - obviously smaking avoidance is the goal. We've done some restoration work in the past so I like stock. Any problems with removing the "baby teeth" or adding an oil filter relocation kit? Anyone mind a ride along?
    lilred

For local events, there's no problem with removing the baby teeth. Hang on to them in case you get competitive and want to run a money event someday.

Similarly, there's no problem with the oil filter relocation locally. Just make sure it doesn't leak. Pay close attention to where the lines run so that they don't cut through your a/c lines (or, eeek, vice versa).

Welcome to the forums! Come on out to any autocross! We can probably get you a ride along at any event, but you can get the most "instructor" time at S2K, ER or PCA events. Even though fewer of us show up for PCA, you'll still have your choice of excellent instructors.

Welcome to the forum, lilred!

I'll second what tailchaser said. There are at least a few of us at all of the local autocrosses, and you'll find plenty of information on the next event in the "autocross events" section of the forum. Come on out and join us, and we'll be happy to show you the ropes.

FWIW, you're welcome to ride along with me at any of the events that allow passengers, and I'd be happy to act as your instructor at the next NTS2KOC or PCA event if you'd like some pointers.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Welcome to the madness! And for the record I believe my Pap is just fine so please keep your latex gloves in your glove box!

There are a bunch of us cone smaking punks here to help, just ask!

As Tailchaser mentioned be careful with the oil filter relocation kits! If not installed properly we have seen them cause more problems than they are worth!

BTW. We are having a Metroplex Miata Run on Sunday! You going???

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Hey lilred I met you the other night. I was the good looking one

If you really are interested in smacking cones, stick with me - I hold the record - 17 cones in one spin after the finish line!!!

Glad you took us up on the invite and wandered onto this forum. Lots of nice folks here, but watch out for Kestrel - he has a fetish for latex gloves

Hope to see you soon where the cones are.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome lilred! There are more than a few very good autocrosser's on this forum. Just look for the 'pack' of Miatae when you get to your first event, and someone will definately show you the ropes if you'd like. Hope to see you at one soon!

PS
    RED is the fastest color BTW!