Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide #8 - 10/9, Pennington Field

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I don't know if I'm brave enough to go without that yet...

a lighter swaybar,

The ultimate goal is to shave at least 100 pounds total out of the car and the driver in combination before next season. Pulling the bar has gotten me at least halfway there.
    thats easy, have me drive!
    -AJ Ngo

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Mickey D's at 7? Who's in?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Mickey D's at 7? Who's in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Einsteins at 7:00 anyone?
    I'm thinkin Einsteins!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'm thinkin Einsteins!
    We have a winner!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Good times, good times!

Today's course was short, but it was fun and flowed well. However, I still don't think I ever quite got that last right-left combination down to my satisfaction.

Congrats to majik for his win in CSP, and to Sammm for taking Tire class! Way to go guys! POS brought the POSII out for one final fling, and did darn well in it, but the Old Bull was on his game today.

C Stock - as always - was a tight battle. I ended up winning over lugnutjon by a mere 14 thousandths of a second! Kestrel actually had the fastest raw time during the regular runs, but he managed to cone it away... not that I mind!

The best part of the day? We had the entire event wrapped and trophies handed out by ~3pm!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The best part of the day? We had the entire event wrapped and trophies handed out by ~3pm!
    Congrats all around! It was a beautiful day to spend in a parking lot for sure. Glad I was able to make it!

Hey guys!

Today was my first autocross
    I had the black NB that all of you guys whooped out there haha(#280CS).
    My best time was only like a 36.05 or something which isn't even close to all the 31s and whatnot you guys had. But I had alot of fun and I hope I can make it out to more events!(I just need some more money, and it looks like alot more practice haha)

Welcome to the board, Bolix!

As much as I'd like to see C Stock grow, I would strongly suggest that you enter Tire Class next time - instead of CS, you can put TCS on your car, and that way you can run against other cars on street tires in an indexed class. We also have quite a few local drivers, including Sammm, tailchaser, and onething who compete in Tire class regularly

Unfortunately, all of us locally in C Stock run R compound tires, which makes it tough to compete without them. Don't get discouraged - a 36.xxx is a pretty darn good time for a novice in street tires!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

OOhhhhhhh... That would explain alot haha. Next time I will make sure and do TCS instead of CS. I'm not really familiar with all of the classes and whatnot yet. Thanks for the tip!

Also when do you think the results will be posted online? I'd like to see how I matched up with the TCS guys.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Bolix
    Hey guys!

Today was my first autocross
    Welcome aboard! Nothing wrong with your run-times for your first time out! :cool: Hope to see you at more events.

OOhhhhhhh... That would explain alot haha. Next time I will make sure and do TCS instead of CS. I'm not really familiar with all of the classes and whatnot yet. Thanks for the tip!

Also when do you think the results will be posted online? I'd like to see how I matched up with the TCS guys.
    ER usually posts results pretty quick! Check back here we normally get them shortly after they are released.

Was you car the one with the chrome air intake on it? You might want to peek at the classing rules.

Glad you enjoyed yourself today hope to see you at an event in the near future we got quite a few events this month! :cool:

Yeah, that was me with the chrome intake.

I forgot that you could only change the filter element and not the actual piping for CS. Oh well, I wasn't really figuring on winning anything so it really didn't make much difference . What class would that put me in with the intake?

Yeah, that was me with the chrome intake.

I forgot that you could only change the filter element and not the actual piping for CS. Oh well, I wasn't really figuring on winning anything so it really didn't make much difference . What class would that put me in with the intake?
    Street prepared?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Uh oh. I just put myself in a big world of trouble if that gets me into street prepared haha.

Well I'm not 100% sure about that. I think autocross.com/texasregion has some sort of car classing guide. Maybe sombody who knows for sure will chime in. . .:cool:
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Here's the link to the SCCA's Car Classing information: clickie. Your intake will put you in CSP, so that'll be TCSP for you next time. Great to meet you, and welcome to the Board!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Dang I don't know if I want to come play with you kids in CS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast