Thread: Who are they talking too?

Thumbs down Who are they talking too?

Had a New Audi A6 try and put me in the guardrail on 820 this morning, looks like she never even slowed her conversation with whomever she was talking with on the phone. She also seemed didn't seem fazed at my rendition of the bumble bee dance with now with hand gestures. I honestly believe she never saw me before during or after our little meeting! Must have been one heck of a phone convestation.....

I feel your pain...

A couple of weeks ago some geriatric on the phone while driving his Tahoe about took me out of the center lane of the tollway. He got so close I could've knocked on his passenger door... his wife was suddenly startled that a little blue car was to her right! Idiots...

But I'm glad you're okay!

She scared the poop out of me!

It seemed like ever car I looked for the rest of my trip the driver was talking on the cell phone!

Come drive on the Bush turnpike any weekday evening - I'm convinced having a phone conversation is a prerequisite for getting on the freeway. I'd say roughly 1/3 of the people I see on the drive home every day are on the phone. And very rarely are they using earbuds, either.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Come drive on the Bush turnpike any weekday evening - I'm convinced having a phone conversation is a prerequisite for getting on the freeway.
    Gwen and I make it a game to count every driver on the phone in the 30 mile drive to work. The number usually gets pretty high...

This is exactly why I put the Fiamm triples on the car... not a guarantee that I'll not get run off the road, but hopefully I'll get a few people's attention.. .
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I almost was run off the road by some dude in a big Dodge, I was doing 75 in the left lane passing an 18 wheeler, and he flew past me on the left shoulder! He had two wheels off in the median. We have alot of stupid rednecks up here who can't drive.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Same thing happened to me and wife a few weeks ago, cept it was a guy in an 18 wheeler on the phone.
    I called the company he drove for and reported him, funny thing is my best friend is a truck driver and a month prior he was ran into a bridge while driving his 18 wheeler by another guy in an 18 wheeler fumbling for his phone..they had to cut my friend out of his rig and he suffered a broken leg.
    He said the guy told the cops that he was getting an incoming message on his cell phone as he was getting onto the freeway.
    What a Moron, as if people who can't drive and talk arent bad enough now they are behind several tons of metal.....go figure.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    my best friend is a truck driver and a month prior he was ran into a bridge while driving his 18 wheeler by another guy in an 18 wheeler fumbling for his phone..they had to cut my friend out of his rig and he suffered a broken leg.
    You're a great guy, Billy, but it seems like everyone you talk about in your posts is suffering from a neverending string of bad luck. Man, you know more people who have been beaten, battered, and bruised than the rest of us put together.

S.

Speaking of semi trucks...
    My wife & I were coming home from Grand Prairie last week, she was following me in the Element. We hit the surprise construction on 35 at George Bush, there was a lane temporarily shut down with barrels & a warning sign not 5 feet from the lane cut off. The left lane was clear so I came over, there was a big ass semi truck in the left lane behind Ginger, with enough space to get over(note, the truck was going the same speed as her, had been for awile), but he floors it, pulls around her while she was halfway in the lane & forces her through the barrels & into the construction site.

I can understand if he was unable to stop & did what he had to, but he was behind her untill she got infront of him.

Oh man I was all kinds of pissed off, even more so of the fact that we could do nothing about it, as she was a bit preoccupied with flying orange barrels & ABS, & was unable to get his license number.

Very monor damage to the Element, just some scratches(barrels were empty), but still could have been much worse. Ive had a few run ins with assholes in semi trucks like this before too.

Not so much a driver on cell phone, but still an idiot operating a very large piece of metal at high speeds.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 10-05-2005 at 01:09 PM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

But on the miata topic, I think im going to attach a huge orange flag to my antenna so people can see me in traffic. I feel like a motorcycle when im on 75.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 10-05-2005 at 01:10 PM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    But on the miata topic, I think im going to attach a huge orange flag to my antenna so people can see me in traffic. I feel like a motorcycle when im on 75.
    You're going to look like you're driving a RC car!:cool:
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    I've actually contemplated doing the same damned thing.

The pathetic part about that comment is that it is true.
    I have terrible luck even though I do my best to think and be possitive.
    I was born and raised in Louisiana, I asked my Mom last week who her and my Dad pissed off when she was pregnant...so I would know who put this curse on me.
    Even my wife says I used to have great luck before i met you.
    What can you do but keep plugging.

I thought breifly about writing a book about my life, but figured I would pay more out in lawsuits for people who commited suicide after reading it than in book sales.
    99 Miata Black