Thread: Fried Pies - May 30th (?)

Default Fried Pies - May 30th (?)

Edit: Split from original post to de-hijack the original. So... who's up for this? Someone pick a date.

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Well, that's about right. I organize a Valentine Day run and everybody bails because the grass turns white.
    Then I offer a Ren Fest run and everybody wants to go on the weekend I can't because my niece is graduating. If I hadn't just won the popularity contest here, I'd take it personal. :P

The only thing about the 29th is it is the last weekend. I went on the last weekend once before, and a lot of the folks were either packing up or already gone.

Do what you want and have a good time...
    Sorry Onething!!! Seems like May is a busy month for everyone. Hey maybe we could organize a run for Fried Pies, plus drive by Turner Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    Sorry Onething!!! Seems like May is a busy month for everyone. Hey maybe we could organize a run for Fried Pies, plus drive by Turner Falls.
    Oooooh... sounds like you're volunteering... I'm definitely up for that. Plus... I have route instructions!

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Oooooh... sounds like you're volunteering... I'm definitely up for that. Plus... I have route instructions!
    What?! And break off from LSMC? How dare you!? Although I would still love to find out where my dues are going!

Well TAILCHASER if you have the maps how about we try for a run on May 30th? So who is up for a run?

I want to go! Can I go!

Well ok you can go!!

So it looks like we have 3 folks interested in going.

Anybody else want to tag along?

Come on it would do you some good to get out of the house!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I think we will go...just to watch the sparks fly
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

We are a definite maybe. What's the full agenda again?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    It's in the "official" post.

Yea, I snagged the specific post since I'm not into medieval merriment! :P

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Yea, I snagged the specific post since I'm not into medieval merriment! :P
    Here's the 'official' agenda for those that lost interest bouncing between threads :P -
    Sunday, May 30th, I'll (unless someone else would rather) lead a run across our northern border into that great unknown called Oklahoma. We'll be meeting at the Cracker Barrel on I-35 just north of the split in Denton, TX at 10:30 a.m. Lunch will be at Fulton's Fried Pies in Ardmore. There will be a potty break just north of the Red River prior to lunch. After lunch, we'll drive by Turner Falls (twice, unless Memorial Day Weekend has crowded things up), possibly stopping for photos, etc (again, depends on traffic). We'll finish things off with a half-lap around Lake Murray.

If your baby-sitter is staying up late enough, we'll have dinner as a group (around 4:30-5). Dinner location will be determined by a: how many people show up and b: what they vote on. McGehee's Catfish in Marietta, Oklahoma can handle a bunch of us and is "quaint." Plus, they have good fish. If we have a smaller group, it's a lovely drive (retracing a few of the morning's steps) to Clark's Outpost. If you've never had the brisket at Clark's, it's time you did.

Please repsond to this post indicating your interest. Please remember that when participating in a tour, it is your responsibility to obey all traffic laws. Route maps/descriptions will be provided and there will be stops at least every 90 minutes to allow us to re-group if you get separated.