Thread: Jury duty...

Default Jury duty...

Well, I went by my parents house to borrow my dads van this weekend, walked into the kitchen to get something to eat & notice a Jury summons with my name on it. My dad says oh yea, that came for you awhile ago. I said, thanks for telling me dad, open it up & it was for 4 days ago...

What am I supposed to do in this situation, should I be worried at all??

I am thinking about calling them, but I dont want to turn myself in & end up with a fine that could have been forgotten, or dont call them & really piss them off. This is my second jury summons, first one I went to & served for the whole case, it was really quite interesting, so not like I am trying to get out of jury duty or anything(yet).

Thing is, I dont even live in Dallas County anymore, so really I would have been given the boot anyway right??

So...what should I do?
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Call the County and ask to speak to someone that can make a decision on this and explain your case. Simple as that... just tell them the truth.
    What he said. They'll probably just reschedule, and will be happy enough that you called to fess up. Most people don't.

S.

You better call! Dallas county has been getting nasty on folks blowing off jury summons. Tarrant county will come and pick you up if you ignore there requests.

The truth will set you free, if not tell them to go to the address and arrest the guy who answers the door, that will teach your dad!

Call the County and ask to speak to someone that can make a decision on this and explain your case. Simple as that... just tell them the truth.
    Yep... the truth is easy for them to believe when you call them up on your own. If you wait for it to catch up to you, the truth will likely be viewed as just another made up excuse.

I can see it now, after Jiggerachi Sr. is arrested and in jail...

"But Dad, they said they'd never come by!!

By the way, I hear you get three squares and a bed... is it true?"

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Tarrant County will issue an arrest warrant for no-shows. If you're not on the phone to Dallas County now, you should be.

Just got off the phone, there is a 2 week grace period to send in you reason for missing the date, or in my case, state any disqualifications (no live in Dallas County). Looks like im in the clear

Thanks guys...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I can see it now, after Jiggerachi Sr. is arrested and in jail...

"But Dad, they said they'd never come by!!

By the way, I hear you get three squares and a bed... is it true?"

Hehe...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

If they come get you anyway, we'll send you a box of cookies in jail.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    If they come get you anyway, we'll send you a box of cookies in jail.
    BIG cookies... and be careful eating them. You dont' want to chip a tooth on the jigsaw blades or the files inside.

And 2 weeks? WOW... They aren't that nice in Denton County.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

WHOA- im glad you posted this. i got a jury summons at the beginning of the month. i threw it in a drawer and for got about it. the date was for the 20-somthingth. i think the 25th or 24th.

i get to use the college excuse though!