Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought I left higher gas prices in CA!

Default I thought I left higher gas prices in CA!

It appears that the higher gas prices we are seeing here are not being experienced elsewhere. Oklahoma is seeing prices that are 80 cents lower then Dallas. :mad:

Regular is $2.58 at my local Chevron this morning. Not great, but not $3.09, either.

S.

Come on, don't you understand anything? Prices are higher here in Dallas because the cost of transporting the fuel from the Gulf Coast refineries to our gas stations is more expensive than to deliever it to Oklahoma. It's so much farther to Dallas you see, and those poor, struggling Oil Companies are just trying to hang on...

I'm usually pretty "pro-business", but gasoline pricing -- and airline ticket pricing -- really makes me think bad thoughts about "Big Business"...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Regular is $2.58 at my local Chevron this morning. Not great, but not $3.09, either.

S.
    That still sucks.

Of course, what you've posted above is exactly what the refinery companies want you to think... which is why I'm willing to bet that we'll never see gas under $2.00/gallon again. $3.00/gallon was an eye-opener to a lot of people (myself included), but as meek sheep with short-term memory problems we're supposed to be relieved that it's come back down to $2.60/gallon... while the oil provideres continue to reap three times the profit per gallon that they did last year?

F**k that.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

i ran across a gas reciept while cleaning out a drawer in my desk the other a while ago (this was when gas was 3.20). it was from earlier this year, but the price was just over $2 gallon.

I just came back from OKC, OK and I paid $2.289 at the Flying J truckstop at 122nd Street. This was not a single station as the Loves acros the street also had Regular unleaded for the same price at $2.149/gal. The highest price I saw in OKC was $2.29/gal at one station and I did not see anyone buying gas there.

The thing that amazes me is that the price of aviation gas has not gone up significantly in the last 15 years. Last I checked, it was still at $2.75-3.25/gal. Makes me wonder why the car gas is going up.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active
    Makes me wonder why the car gas is going up.
    'Cause it can... as long as big oil can, they will.

Who's gonna stop them? Us? They've got us by the short and curlies. And heaven knows our gubernment ain't gonna stop them... it would hurt their portfolios way too much.

Don't believe me? Look up Haliburton.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Don't believe me? Look up Haliburton.
    As in Vice Pres "Sidekick Dick" Haliburton? Erm, I mean Cheney? Say it ain't so!

I am firmly starting to believe that fifty or one hundred years from now, historians will look back on this administration as the straw that broke the camel's back, the final, irreversible disaster that signalled the end of the age of America. Combine the emergence of China and India as the global economic and industrial powerhouses of the 21st century with Dubya's desire to spend this country into financial ruin - and shred the constitution into tatters - in order to finish what his father didn't have the balls to do in 1991, and you don't need a crystal ball to see what's coming.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I am firmly starting to believe that fifty or one hundred years from now, historians will look back on this administration as the straw that broke the camel's back, the final, irreversible disaster that signalled the end of the age of America.
    You need to stop holding back and tell us how you really feel....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Hey the media is now reporting that Hurricane Wilma will cause gas prices to rise because it is becoming such a mean storm.

I'm starting to think the media may be on some sort of a profit sharing program with the oil companies.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'm starting to think the media may be on some sort of a profit sharing program with the oil companies.
    As long as I'm still spending money to fix the Honda we know that ain't true!!!

As long as I'm still spending money to fix the Honda we know that ain't true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus

He claimed that perhaps the media was in on the price fixing so as to increase profits... I work in the media... if the profit margin in my stock portfolio was increasing to my supposed ownership of oil stock, I wouldn't be paying to fix the Honda. I'd just get a new Land Rover. ::Bambi::

He claimed that perhaps the media was in on the price fixing so as to increase profits... I work in the media... if the profit margin in my stock portfolio was increasing to my supposed ownership of oil stock, I wouldn't be paying to fix the Honda. I'd just get a new Land Rover. ::Bambi::
    So what I think Bean is trying to say is that we're going to keep seeing these sensationalist stories in the media until he can afford a new Land Rover.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    So what I think Bean is trying to say is that we're going to keep seeing these sensationalist stories in the media until he can afford a new Land Rover.
    Yes! Thanks for being so succinct! ::Pink::

Or better yet, "Bingo!"

I'd just get a new Land Rover. ::Bambi::
    If you think a Land Rover is in your future, you might want to bookmark this Land Rover related link that Ataim posted a while back. ::Allah::

I believe Ataim ditched the Land Rover, when I saw him this weekend he was in a big black BMW, very bling!

I still blame 3Bean and his media cohorts for high gas price!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast