Thread: uh-oh on the Tollway...

Default uh-oh on the Tollway...

I was drivin' down PGBT today in the middle of a string of cars going though the big toll plaza by Coit and what did I see but an unmarked state trooper in a nice new looking shiny purple (looked like pearlescent or mica type paint) Chevy Malibu with red & blue lights in the windows.

He had just pulled someone over for speeding through the tollbooths and as we all went by he stopped and stared (more like glared) right at me. Yuck.

I guess I'll be driving SLOW on the tollway for awhile.

Those black & white cars are easy to spot, but this one is far from that.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Coming back from a TMS race once, on 35 between the track and Denton there was a huge 4x4 flew past me going like 85-90 followed by a blacked out Camaro. As soon as they past me the camaro turnes its lights on and pulls the guy over. It was totally undercover, lights on the fold down visors and evrything. I have seen that camaro out every sunday afternoon going home from TMS, I never speed through there.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Those black & white cars are easy to spot, but this one is far from that.
    Malibu's are either rentals or 5-0. You don't want to hang around either. Plano's Malibu's are pretty discreet other than the window tint, though.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Bastards.

I don't use the tollway to go to work anymore. I'm morally opposed to the blatant and overzealous revenue generation that takes place on a road I have to pay to drive on in the first place.

I got two speeding tickets on the PGBT in the span of about three weeks. That was it. Before that, I was paying ~$100 a month in toll charges (without complaint)... but those greedy bastards weren't content with that.

Well, in my case their short-sighted greed will actually cost them money in the long term. Thanks to the $400 in speeding fines, I've decided to stop using the tollway, depriving them of $1200 a year in toll charges. F*** 'em.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Well, besides that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
    Very Nice!

Altiain =

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Very Nice!

Altiain =

Wow that fire looks pretty real.

Very Nice!

Altiain =
    Very Funny Smile!! haha.gif

I like It!
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Altiain =
    Yeah, I'm wound pretty tight. And, other than OzCop, I'm none too fond of the po-po, either.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I got two speeding tickets on the PGBT in the span of about three weeks.
    I remember you posting about the toll booth ticket... what was the second? Don't tell me you stopped slowing down through the tolls just 2 weeks after getting ticketed there?

Re: Toll Roads

...and how long would it have taken the state/feds to provide us a similar highway? Toll roads are a very good way to quickly get new freeways. Don't use the GBT much except if I'm headed to Tarrant County on rare occassions but I have a tolltag and I'm glad it's an option for me.

What gets me is the proposed toll hike to pay for building of a new toll road in southwest Ft. Worth. Why should Dallas folk have to pay for the construction of a toll road we will likely rarely if ever use? That's

As for tickets, I look at them as a "speed tax". I don't bitch about it because there are countless times, I don't get caught. It sucks but it's the price you pay if you're going to break the law.

Get a V1 and even the odds a bit though.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Re: Toll Roads

...and how long would it have taken the state/feds to provide us a similar highway? Toll roads are a very good way to quickly get new freeways. Don't use the GBT much except if I'm headed to Tarrant County on rare occassions but I have a tolltag and I'm glad it's an option for me.

What gets me is the proposed toll hike to pay for building of a new toll road in southwest Ft. Worth. Why should Dallas folk have to pay for the construction of a toll road we will likely rarely if ever use? That's

As for tickets, I look at them as a "speed tax". I don't bitch about it because there are countless times, I don't get caught. It sucks but it's the price you pay if you're going to break the law.

Dont worry, I dont want a toll road here in Southwest Fort Worth either. And I live here. It is supposed to connect Cleburne to Dallas in the Future.

Don't have a V1 but I do have a radar detector, its saved my butt a few times between here and Lubbock. And its not even a "good" one.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I remember you posting about the toll booth ticket... what was the second? Don't tell me you stopped slowing down through the tolls just 2 weeks after getting ticketed there?
    No. I got stopped about two miles further down the tollway, about 1 mile west of 78.

I have a radar detector. Unfortunately, this particular cop was using instant on radar.

I am not typically against speeding tickets. I speed, and I understand the concept of "pay to play". My issue with the PGBT is the sheer greed of law enforcement. I didn't see occasional speed traps - I saw speed traps every other day. That, in my mind, is gratuitous... especially when I can change lanes eleventy billion times without using a turn signal and not get a ticket, but the minute I drive through a toll plaza (in a tolltag lane, with a tolltag) at 60mph I'm apparently a heathen criminal.

They aren't out there for safety, and they aren't out there to enforce the law (at least, any law other than speeding). They are out there to pad the coffers on the backs of people whose biggest crime is trying to get to work.

I have a problem with that. Therefore, I now choose to take alternate routes, and it's going to cost them more money than they garnered in traffic fines from me, in the long run. Their loss, my gain. F*** 'em.
    Last edited by altiain; 10-27-2005 at 09:16 AM.
    Iain

^Is there a speed limit through the toll tag lanes??

Im new to the whole toll tag thing & I was looking for any posted speed limit, but never see one. I used caution at first, but I just thought to hell with it, its a big 3 lane gate, oh well.

I may be using GDubya for my main commmute starting next week, this might be handy information...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    ^Is there a speed limit through the toll tag lanes??
    I believe the speed limit entering the toll booth area is 45mph.

I never stop to look them!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I believe the speed limit entering the toll booth area is 45mph.

I never stop to look them!
    Correct... On PGBT there is a 45 sign just before the lanes start multiplying for the Toll Plaza. Technically, the limit stays 45 until you pass the 60 sign after all the lanes merge back together. Some (like the West bound Coit plaza) stay 45 for a while after the plaza.

I don't see a problem with this plan at all!