Thread: Numbers question-

Default Numbers question-

I'm in the middle of making my numbers for this weekends AutoX. Am I going to need any letter designators in addition to my numbers? According to my registration, I'm only number 33. No other letter/number goes with. So will my car only be wearing 33 or what letters do I need to make? Thanks!

No letters req'd for Stook autocrosses.

Which one is easier to read?

A

or
    B

Just some other stickers I was working on -

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Which one is easier to read?
    I vote B. The black letters on a white background stand out more. What kind of magnetic material are you using/going to use?

Both are fine. The first looks nicer/cleaner, the second is a little easier for the corner workers to read.

You might want to make sure they are at least 8" tall (looks like they already are). The reason I say this is that when/if you decide to run at SCCA and/or Equipe Rapid events, they "require" the numbers to be at least 8", and letters (which you don't need at S2000 events, but you will need for SCCA and ER events) to be at least 4". I've heard rumors that SCCA will require numbers to be 9" sometime in the [near?] future.

BTW, I like your new Avatar. That last one (four eye, two mouth woman) was very disturbing ). I also liked sammm's suggestion, but that snail is very cool. Maybe you should add that graphic to your number plate .

I dig the two new MME stickers you've made. Would you be willing to share the files for those? Once I've got the trailer painted I'd like to put an 8" round logo on either side, and "DFWMiata.com" across the back.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I think the Texas Flag themed emblem would work REALLY well in an 8 inch size...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I think the Texas Flag themed emblem would work REALLY well in an 8 inch size...
    I like that one as well, but the red text gets washed-out in the flag. How about adding a white outside shadow/glow to the text portion? You have a close-up view of that one 3bean?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I like that one as well, but the red text gets washed-out in the flag. How about adding a white outside shadow/glow to the text portion? You have a close-up view of that one 3bean?
    As soon as I get home tonight I'll post the others.... tailchaser saw all of them awhile back.

I've redone the numbers so that they are 9.5" tall... and instead of black middle I redid the color sequence. They'll be nice.