Thread: God I hate Fed-Ex!!!

Default God I hate Fed-Ex!!!

Remined me again why I made the mistake of letting a vendor ship my package by anything but UPS...

The magnetic numbers I ordered from IZoom Graphics in Tulsa are on their way to me... via Fort Lauderdale, Florida. idiots. Every time I use Fed-Ex they screw something up, and when they finally get it right I have to fight with them to leave a package on my doorstep, since I can't take an afternoon off from work every time I have something shipped ot the house.

Way to go Fed-Ex - you blew it again.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yea I had a problem with FedEx also they were positive we were still in our old building.... Finally one of my old neighbors signed for the package and called me.

Mind you it had our current address on the package....

I'll rent you 75 tomorrow...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Even worse is DHL from my experiences with them.

Well, I work for FedEx Express.

Was it Ground or Express? Two different companies, same name. FedEx bought out another company and created FedEx Ground.

The problem is FedEx Ground drivers are independent contract drivers or work for a company contracted by FedEx. Unfortunately this means FedEx Corp has less control over the attitudes and practices of these independent drivers.

Express seems to be better than the Ground service but it is more expensive. As FedEx employees, we're held accountable for our service.

To further muddy the waters, there is FedEx Home Delivery which is some spin off of FedEx Ground.

I've received packages from UPS, DHL and FedEx and I think the service has been pretty similar and decent all around but I'm not a regular user of their services.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Same thing here. Tirerack sent me some tires, from Louisiana. They went to memphis (I realize it is the hub, but isnt fort worth a hub too?) then here. Took the advertised 3-5 days. UPS on the other hand has them here next day. Same start same finish 3 days difference. UPS wins my dollar when I get to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Well, I work for FedEx Express.

Was it Ground or Express? Two different companies, same name. FedEx bought out another company and created FedEx Ground.

The problem is FedEx Ground drivers are independent contract drivers or work for a company contracted by FedEx. Unfortunately this means FedEx Corp has less control over the attitudes and practices of these independent drivers.

Express seems to be better than the Ground service but it is more expensive. As FedEx employees, we're held accountable for our service.

To further muddy the waters, there is FedEx Home Delivery which is some spin off of FedEx Ground.

I've received packages from UPS, DHL and FedEx and I think the service has been pretty similar and decent all around but I'm not a regular user of their services.
    It was FedEx Ground. However, the drivers aren't the ones I'm ticked at (this time) - it hasn't even made it onto a delivery truck yet. First it has to get here from Fort Lauderdale, where it was mistakenly sent instead of Fort Worth. I know I confuse the two all the time...

Either way, thank you for confirming for me that FedEx Ground service is held to a lower standard. From now on I'm afraid I'll be back to using UPS whenever I have a choice, even if it costs more.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I'll rent you 75 tomorrow...
    THanks, but I'm using my old numbers tomorrow. Gab is picking them up at the end of the event.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    thank you for confirming for me that FedEx Ground service is held to a lower standard.
    It shouldn't be that way. Hopefully FedEx will get with the program. Ground has taken alot of volume away from Express. They also have a higher profit margin than Express.

In fact, Express makes mere pennies per each domestic Express Package. The money in shipping is in Ground and International shipping.
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    The money in shipping is in Ground and International shipping.
    WOW!

How much is the Post Office raking in (and subsequently wasting)...

FedEx Ground was $13 to ship a Compaq file server to Missouri... USPS Parcel Post was going to be $28!

FedEx has been very good for me. I get lots of stuff shipped to the door with no problems (knock on wood)...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    WOW!

How much is the Post Office raking in (and subsequently wasting)...
    Your government at work.

BTW, USPS has a deal with FedEx to ship their overnight packages.
    ...and across the line.