Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw Russ Martin Today!

Talking Saw Russ Martin Today!

The family was driving in Colleyville saw Russ driving around in one of his Batmobilies! Nice car!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    The family was driving in Colleyville saw Russ driving around in one of his Batmobilies! Nice car!

I take it Bean and Titus haven't been to a Russ Martin "White Trash" party....
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

That is pretty cool. I would like to see his Batmobile. Thats funny he drives it around, but it must be fun on a nice day like today.

Funny... I could have sworn a heard him talk to a mechanic working on it on air Thursday. Something about an electrical short killing 2 fuel pumps in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    I take it Bean and Titus haven't been to a Russ Martin "White Trash" party....
    He works in the building next to mine... I see enough of his hijinks on a daily basis!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    He works in the building next to mine... I see enough of his hijinks on a daily basis!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Funny... I could have sworn a heard him talk to a mechanic working on it on air Thursday. Something about an electrical short killing 2 fuel pumps in a row.
    I think he has two of them, he was probably driving the spare.

Thats awesome, I bet that car was cool. Id love to see him in his Mach 5 also!
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Hmmm.... I had to go use Yahoo! to see who this Russ Martin character is...

You guys talkin' 'bout the radio jockey?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Hmmm.... I had to go use Yahoo! to see who this Russ Martin character is...

You guys talkin' 'bout the radio jockey?
    You don't get out much do you Sparky.....
    Russ Martin is one of the highest rated talk show hosts in North Texas. His show, The Russ Martin Show currently airs from 3–7 pm on Live 105.3 in Dallas, TX. He draws the highest ratings in his time slot in the DFW Metroplex. His selection of topics is free-form, including fart jokes and pulling pranks on his program director Gavin Spittle, who is spineless and can't really do anything about it because of his high ratings. Such pranks range from exploding air bags in his office, blowing up his computer monitor in the parking lot with firecrakers, and hiding a microphone in his office so they can hear him work and take phone calls, which ends up with listeners who have his phone number speed dialing within seconds whenever Russ calls for him over the air, and Gavin responds over the microphone. Russ began in radio over 20 years ago at a Dallas rock station "The Eagle". He had a tv show called "Hot TV" and "Hot Tickets" that ran from 1988 to 1994 on Fox with his buddy J.D. Ryan, who is now his on air sidekick.

You don't get out much do you Sparky.....
    Nope... don't listen to that station. I'm mostly on 1080AM for weather/traffic info... or flipping between 92.5/100.3/102.9 trying to figure out which station is playing music that doesn't suck at any one particular moment in the day... Which means I'm flipping a lot.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Nope... don't listen to that station. I'm mostly on 1080AM for weather/traffic info... or flipping between 92.5/100.3/102.9 trying to figure out which station is playing music that doesn't suck at any one particular moment in the day... Which means I'm flipping a lot.
    Yea he has only been around for about 20 years.......

Yea he has only been around for about 20 years.......

Useless fact...

My dad worked with JD at a production company a few years back(maybee 7-8 years), I guess before JD was on Russ' current show. I would come to work with my dad & hang out during the summer, so I hung out with JD a few times, I didnt know who he was other than the old Hot TV show, & I was around 15-16 at the time. He was a really cool, really nice guy. He offered my dad a job on Russ' show, but he turned it down...I cant imagine why

I also used to hang out in the editing room with the I think 1080 sports radio guys, when they had that TV show a few years back. They had some pretty naughty street footage they would pull out & 'edit' when nobody was around.

That was cool being a kid back then.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I used to work out at a local club and people used to come up to me and say whats up Russ?
    I didn't know who they thought I was, or who Russ was...and it started happening more and more so I started asking who the hell is Russ Martin?
    It was the time where he was hosting some late night weekend tv show, on channel 11 I think.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I used to work out at a local club and people used to come up to me and say whats up Russ?
    Billy you don't look like Russ

Boy am I impressed.......

If it wasn't for Russ...JD Ryan would be Drunk 24 hours a day and probably not working... IMHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast