Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPod Wiring into a 99

Pin 9 <--> Pin 6

12 V off Pin 9 triggers Pin 6 to tell the head unit "Hey!!! this dude wants to listen to his iPod!!! You better switch modes!!!" The resistor is to protect things from going poof.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Hey POS, just make sure you buy the "locking" pin connectors with the Molex KK. They sell them with the connector at Fry's. I had to go back and put new ones in after they kept slipping out. Sorry I did not do a step by step photoshoot. Just follow the instructions on the linkie. It's actually a lot simplier than I thought and I am electrically challenged.
    No more Miata

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Where does one find the bracket shown in this picture? I checked seriousauto.com but didn't see it there.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Where does one find the bracket shown in this picture? I checked seriousauto.com but didn't see it there.
    Not sure, try this place. I have a nano and will soon order this
    No more Miata

Most stereo installation shops can order them... If not you can bribe me to get one... They're usually <$10.
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Most stereo installation shops can order them... If not you can bribe me to get one... They're usually <$10.
    I'll give you some money if you get me one! How does that anchor behind that bezel? Any modification to the interior plastic needed?

I'll give you some money if you get me one! How does that anchor behind that bezel? Any modification to the interior plastic needed?
    No mods to the interior plastic. One small hole drilled into the metal frame behind it for a self-tapping screw. Nothing anyone will ever see if you remove it.

Zoiks!!! Cash price from my supplier is now $22... Any of you guys have an account with Hutton Communications?

Edit: Apparently that's not so bad as they're now $35+ from online outlets... Guess that's what happens when Company X buys the competition... If anyone wants to check sources for a better price... Panavise 75127-699 for 99+ cars, -695 for '94-97 (Don't know why the early model wouldn't fit 90-93, but that's what Panavise says, and they're frequently right...)
    Last edited by tailchaser; 02-24-2006 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    (Don't know why the early model wouldn't fit 90-93, but that's what Panavise says, and they're frequently right...)
    Yup. They're right. Different dash. No passenger airbag. Center dash panel is completely different from 93-94.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12