Thread: Miata bites the dust :(...

Default Miata bites the dust :(...

...but it's not totaled. I already posted in the classifieds looking for parts but here's the pics.

I was going down a back road after dropping a friend off early Sunday morning. About 1/4 mile from the main road the road I was on makes a tight s-curve... I took the right hander just fine but when I tried to make the left I hit some gravel (I was only going about 20-25 mph, should not have been a problem). I started sliding and at that point I couldn't brake or turn anymore, so it was damage control from there. I didn't want to hit the front end because of frame or engine damage. I ended up hitting the right side on a large wooden post which tore up the right side and spun me to the left, where I hit a t-post and dented the left fender.

Luckily I was fine, though it took me about 8 minutes to get my car out of the ditch. It's still driveable but in need of a lot of TLC. And money. Ah well... now all I have to do is find a body shop and a lot of body parts.

No stupid comments, please, I'm still smarting from this
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

OUCH! Front fender and door are easy repairs. The rear quarter is a real bear 'cause of all the inter-twined pieces. Good luck.
    Merv

OUCH!

Too bad it wasn't the driver's side door... I have a spare one of those...

Good luck with the repairs, I hope they go quickly for you.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Ouch! Glad to hear you are okay though.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

That's how I wrecked my first Miata -- LOOSE GRAVEL. Hit a light pole and it fell not 10 feet from where the car came to rest! Gravel is a significant danger, and reason enough not to push too hard on public roads.

Sorry about your accident.

S.

Truly sorry to hear about your predicament. Wrecking your Miata is a tough thing. (I unfortunately know the feeling)

Do you have insurance? That is sadly going to be an expensive repair, especially with the rear quarter damage. You may also find more damage underneath.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Unfotunately I only have liability insurance, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the moment. I'll work it out though. Thanks for the replies, I'm feeling better. :)
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata