Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 ER - Christmas/Awards Party 12-10-2005

Default 2005 ER - Christmas/Awards Party 12-10-2005

So who all is going to the ER Christmas/Awards Party?
    http://autocross.com/er/er2005party.pdf

Edit: un-embedded since it causes ugly issues for those of us that don't allow PDF's to display in the browser...
    Last edited by tailchaser; 12-01-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Not me. I hear the S2000 Club has a much better party on the same night.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Not me. I hear the S2000 Club has a much better party on the same night.
    I heard the same thing but ER has a trophy for me! S2K doesn't, going where I can get some bling!

I wonder if Majik is going to be there?

I'll be at the ER awards banquet. I hear that class winners get a fancy windbreaker this year.

I also want to see what the awards are for top year-end PAX finishers.
    Hey TC, would you mind picking up trophies at the S2k banquet for those of us who don't make it?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I'll be at the ER awards banquet. I hear that class winners get a fancy windbreaker this year.

I also want to see what the awards are for top year-end PAX finishers.
    Hey TC, would you mind picking up trophies at the S2k banquet for those of us who don't make it?
    Yup. I'll pick it up and sell it to you for 50% of your year-end PAX bonus...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    I wonder if Majik is going to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Yup. I'll pick it up and sell it to you for 50% of your year-end PAX bonus...
    Meh. I've already got the 1st place trophies from the last two seasons, why am I gonna pay for this season's 2nd place trophy?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I cant make either. I think the restaurant has the whole dining room rented out that night, so big for me. Would you guys mind picking up my trophys though? Thanks

Top Year End Pax winners, usually just the top 3 of each, get some cash.

And yes, this years 1st place trophies include a glorious jacket, which will be sent out later. This way we can get your size and get you a jacket you can actually wear. Plus we are still looking at cost and ER logo placement. Second on will get a hat and all the trophy winners get an actual trophy to display.

Later,

SpinOutF500

Quote Originally Posted by SpinOutF500
    Top Year End Pax winners, usually just the top 3 of each, get some cash.
    Boo!!!

No offense to the lovely ladies we have participating in our sport, but we had fifteen ladies total who scored any points at all in the year-long Pax championship, and because of the way the points are awarded, any lady who participates in the Ladies PAX Challenge automatically gets points.

In the meantime, we had ninety drivers in the open PAX Challenge actually place in the top 25 at one or more events (enough to garner at least one point in the Challenge), and countless more who participated in one or more events, but never placed high enough to score a point.

So we'll honor the top three Ladies drivers and the top three Open drivers... even though the top three Ladies represent 20% of the total number of Ladies Challenge competitors who signed up for any PAX Challenge all year long. Nice to see that three out of the five Ladies Challenge competitors who actually made six or more events will get some sort of year-end recognition.

That ain't right.

Call it sour grapes, but that's bullshit. I don't really care about the money (I'm certainly not going to be able to retire off my winnings any time soon! ), but I think the top ten or so Open Challenge drivers deserve some kind of year end recognition. Let's face it - there are enough sparsely populated classes (Ladies and Open) that if you wanted a class championship trophy badly enough, you could find a class to win one in, regardless of talent. Heck, there are eight classes in the '05 final standings where the 1st place finisher was the only one who showed to enough events to even qualify for a year-end trophy. There are plenty of classes where no one ran enough events to qualify for year-end recognition

You can't say the same thing about finishing at the top of the Challenge Cup standings at the end of the season - there's just too much talent in our Region. You can't just show up and win.

Showed up for six events in your B Prepared Ford Festiva and drove slower than molasses? Congrats, here's your jacket. By the way, you beat out three National Champs for that jacket - just be glad they never made it to more than four events this season. Drove your ass off all season long for one of the top spots overall, and beat out scores of other people vying for the same thing? Sucks to be you, better luck next year.

Personally speaking, I felt a much greater sense of accomplishment at placing 5th in the year end Challenge Cup than I did in winning C Stock for the season... and I run in one of the tighter classes in this area. It's a hell of a lot harder to consistently do well in the PAX than it is to win a class locally, especially when you consider how many classes have minimal, if any, real competition locally.

If ER can find the money in the budget to recognize the top 15 Open Challenge drivers at every event, they ought to be able to find a way to honor the top ten or fifteen Open Challenge drivers for the entire year.

That's just my humble opinion. Don't get me wrong - I truly enjoy running with Equipe Rapide. I wouldn't have made it out to all ten events this season if I didn't. Regardless of how ER decides to honor drivers at the banquet I'll be there, and I'll be back for next season. It's a great series, with some great people. But that won't stop me from speaking my mind on this subject.
    Last edited by altiain; 12-01-2005 at 10:59 PM.
    Iain

Iain,

That's why we love ya.

But seriously. Good points and something for us to think about for next year. I believe the year end pax awards are $100, $75, and $50, (since we went to the awards at the events) but I could be wrong as I don't handle that (Gerry does) and this is the first I have been in the top 3 in years.

I forwarded your comments to Gerry.
    The ER rules meeting is coming in Jan. {hint, hint}

Just an FYI, the year end party doesn't cost you anything to attend, ER's cost will be around $2000. The regular trophies will cost ER $2100, The jackets up to $1600 and the hats around $800. These are rough cost estimates, as I only took care of the regular trophies.

In years past the party was pot luck and everyone who attended was asked to bring a dish, we might go back to that. And last year and this year we have added additional items to the usual trophy you get for a Year End Award. Giving a bit more back to the people who run with us all year long. (Like the Pizza party after Event #9 in Mineral Wells) Next year it might just be a trophy again. But who knows. ER is doing pretty good right now. That is why we are doing what we are doing.

See ya next Sat.

SpinOutF500

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

My wife and I will be there.

Doug
    GS 21

So who all is going! The wife & I will be in attendance!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    So who all is going! The wife & I will be in attendance!
    mrsthang and I plan to attend. Can you bring the Caddy around at 5:30?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Mel and I will be there - PAX award or no PAX award...
    Iain

Mr. and Mrs. ratt_finkel will be there.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Wow what a great party! The folks at ER did an awsome job!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Zona and I also had a great time. We really enjoyed picking up that 4th place trophy, ahead of the Corvette. But sadly, finishing behind a couple of quick Miatas, and that nice MR2 guy.

Yep. Good times, good times!

Guess I'll be expected to make it to the ER planning meeting now, after Gerry's little speech directed at me!
    Iain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast