Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up our new Solstice today!

Default Picked up our new Solstice today!

We picked up my mother's dark blue loaded Solstice today at 3pm! Holy crap I'm impressed, especially for a GM car at this price! Put probably 35 miles on it today...just turned 100 when I brought it home tonight.

If weather permits, anyone up for lunch and checking out the competition Friday?
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Just for future reference, please dont make a post like this without pictures next time. Thanks for your understanding.

Sounds like your mommy has a nice new car but we need pictures...
    Last edited by riverracer; 12-07-2005 at 08:29 AM.
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

what they are all trying to say is....

ya ya ya It was like 4 am when I posted and I figure you guys know what the car looks like....here are some I was gonna put up...I'll take some more after my hockey game tonight to show the interior and some of my quirks about it.

If I had the to buy a new toy, this would be a tough choice for me. They are pretty close in performace and ride, and both have thier quirks and complaints.

btw, this sucks she gets the car in and its freezing rain the next day...doh!
    Last edited by icepenguin66; 12-07-2005 at 08:17 PM.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

Very nice!

I still think the Solstice looks a whole lot better from the back than the front (the headlights look chepa & cheesy to me). I can't wait to see the Sky on the road.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'll take a Saturn Sky over the Pontiac, when they come out.

Sweet Solstice none the less.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I like the color combo.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Very nice!

I still think the Solstice looks a whole lot better from the back than the front (the headlights look chepa & cheesy to me). I can't wait to see the Sky on the road.
    I like the Solstice much better from the back as well (but then again, I am the back door man...) Headlights are so-so, but that grill looks like it came off a Mazda!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I like, especially from the rear.

What kind of son are you talking your mother into a GM product instead of a Maita? You could have snuck it out and tweeked it a little. As if you don't have enough work on your hands you have to take on another problem child. Let's see, for Christmas she will probably get from GM her first recall. Oh ya, first year model maybe two be '06. And I thought you had a better realtionship with your mother than this. The good son gone bad. LOL OK, the color looks good, but that's it!

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Very nice! (I still have a hard time getting past that front grill/nose )

Quote Originally Posted by shuhart1
    What kind of son are you talking your mother into a GM product instead of a Maita? You could have snuck it out and tweeked it a little. As if you don't have enough work on your hands you have to take on another problem child. Let's see, for Christmas she will probably get from GM her first recall. Oh ya, first year model maybe two be '06. And I thought you had a better realtionship with your mother than this. The good son gone bad. LOL OK, the color looks good, but that's it!

Gary
    Hey, my family has been into GM cars for over 20 years and no major problems, nor with VW. Have had problems with our Nissan currently and with Plymouth in the past. And don't get me started on the 90 crank problem or the damn'd rear wheel bearings on the M1. Never had a reliability problem with a GM product in any of my family or friends...other than modded racecars that go boom, but that's a different subject.

Recalls are nothing new, even Honda/BMW/VW/and certianly Mazda have them on a regular basis but Ford seems to be the recall king of late. My friend's RX8 has been into the dealer at least 4 times for computer updates cause it keeps flooding the engine...yet the old school RX7 guys have come up with a cheap ass mod to stop this on starting.

Anyways, they also got $3500 discount from thier GM credit card so was a sweet deal. Fully loaded minus the 6 disk changer for $22,500 ttl! That's less than the base model Miata, not too shabby if ya ask me.
    Last edited by icepenguin66; 12-08-2005 at 01:37 AM.

Where is the front plate gonna go?

Since nobody else said it, are you sure that's your mom and not your sister
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Sure looks good in the photos. The car is cute too.

I think there's a song about that....

"Penguin's mom has got it goin' on"..

or sommat like that anyhow.
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics

MILF! MILF! MILF! MILF!

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Dang, I didn't mean to bring out the perv in everyone. Sorry iceman.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast