Thread: Last run for the double decker buses

Default Last run for the double decker buses

London's famous red double-decker buses were retired from service Friday afternoon after 51 years

The buses - which, along with the black taxicabs are world famous symbols of the city of London - were retired to make way for newer, more handicapped-friendly buses.

I have to admit I'm a little bit sad. I remember riding those buses as a child when we'd visit my mother's family in England, and there was nothing like riding through the streets of London on the upper deck of a Routemaster.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I would think they could design a new double-decker bus that has a lower level that is better suited for handicapped passengers.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

i am saddened i never got a chance to ride it......

have you seen eurotrip!??!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BAM!
    have you seen eurotrip!??!!!!
    Great flick...Don't tell Scotty!

Quote Originally Posted by BAM!
    i am saddened i never got a chance to ride it......
    You could always put a folding chair on top of a Dallas city bus... same difference.