Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year New Look

Default New Year New Look

As some of you may know, I am a print designer. So today, using my time wisley at work, I have been playing around with some logos for us. I know we already have one, an no offense to whoever created it, but how about something new for 2006?

Comments? Suggestions? This is what I have so far and I am working on a couple more options to post later if I get some positive responses.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No more Miata

Not bad. I like the middle ones!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I like the GREEN one.....
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    I like the GREEN one.....
    I think you need to calabrate your monitor,
    or are you being a
    No more Miata

I am liking the top line, but maybe in an Orange
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma
    I am liking the top line, but maybe in an Orange
    Have to agree with the newb. The top line is different from the current round logo and if you're going to change it, make it a big change IMHO

Another thought is that we have an S2K owner and may attract other owners, (Solstice, MR Spyder, Sky?) owners if we consider becoming the Metroplex Roadster Enthusiasts or if you want to keep it in the family, Metroplex Mazda Enthusiasts. Since Mazda dropped the "Miata" name we will technically be leaving out 2004-5 Mazdaspeed MX-5 and 2006+ MX-5 owners.

Just my .
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I like the middle and top it sort of looks like the old school mazda logo.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Another thought is that we have an S2K owner and may attract other owners, (Solstice, MR Spyder, Sky?) owners if we consider becoming the Metroplex Roadster Enthusiasts or if you want to keep it in the family, Metroplex Mazda Enthusiasts. Since Mazda dropped the "Miata" name we will technically be leaving out 2004-5 Mazdaspeed MX-5 and 2006+ MX-5 owners.

Just my .
    Well... I originally pitched a "come one, come all" idea for this site, but the Miata-centric thing has worked out pretty well so far. We are definitely active not only in NTS2k, but in a number of other local car groups, and plenty of non-Miata owners surf and lurk here for local racing info (just make some crack about chainsaws and Mod cars or say "such-n-such event sucked" and watch 'em all come out of the woodwork! ).

I guess what I'm saying is that while I'm all for a new logo (with mad props to Bean for the current one!), and non-Miata owners are certainly more than welcome here, if it ain't broke (the whole "concept" of this place), don't beat on it with a hammer... unless it's NMC!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    (with mad props to Bean for the current one!), and non-Miata owners are certainly more than welcome here, if it ain't broke (the whole "concept" of this place), don't beat on it with a hammer
    I actually came up with our current logo (at least the one on the window decals), but it's all good. I do like jolberry's work, but why change now?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I actually came up with our current logo (at least the one on the window decals), but it's all good. I do like jolberry's work, but why change now?
    Err.... oops! Don't I geel like an now.

Mad props to Sammmy for the current logo!
    Iain

I am just

I am not trying to change the whole concept of this site. I like that it is MIATA only...I was bored and thought MAYBE I could contribute somehow.
    Don't want to hurt anyones feelings
    No more Miata

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I agree with Sammy!

How about we get some of the originals printed up again and some of you cheep bastards can buy some for your cars!

Although very nice work jolberry! :afro:

just make some crack about chainsaws and Mod cars...
    Yeah, those two look very different but sound so much alike...

All kidding aside... I like the middle row! But like so many said about the board logo poll - No rainbow colors please!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    How about we get some of the originals printed up again and some of you cheep bastards can buy some for your cars!
    I'd like some more... but I need to know what TC thinks about me putting those on the Spec since it's his board.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    I'd like some more... but I need to know what TC thinks about me putting those on the Spec since it's his board.
    Well since it seems as if it will never leave the driveway he may allow it!

So how many of you punks would cough up a couple of $$$ for a MME sticker?? Like this one!

I'm thinking of putting it on AFTER I get the body work & paint done...

I actually had it out & driving around yesterday. Still doing work to it...

I still have an extra one, but wouldnt mind a few more, just incase I want to put some on my helmet.

Not bad. I like the middle ones!
    ditto!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Im digging them...

I like the top right one for the website banner, & the right middle one for a window sticker.

Good work maing
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    So how many of you punks would cough up a couple of $$$ for a MME sticker??
    I would cough up $$$ for the middle ones of the new batch.

And just for the record: Mazdapeed Miatas are officially known as Miatas, even though the car isn't badged that way. I have the window sticker to prove it!

S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast