Thread: Good Idea for a local race

Default Good Idea for a local race

This is a personal website, but I found it looking for pictures of the old Dallas GP. I think it would be great to have a race here since it is so close. http://cdscds.net/Corrective/dallasgp/dallasgp2.htm

I like the idea. I thought I was the only one who tried to design racetracks with local streets. (or airports). Looks like a really fast track.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I doubt they would use that long straight... that turn puts 'em too dang close to the water. If someone misses the turn or has a mechanical problem they'd be way under water before someone could get to 'em for help.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

IIRC - that lake is only a few feet deep. 5 or 6' is too deep to drive a car through, but not bad.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Still deep enough to kill... Especially if you are unconscious or upside down.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

WARNING: THE CONCEPT AND IDEA OF RUNNING A RACE AT THE SITE FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE DALLAS NAVAL AIR STATION (HENSLEY FIELD) IS COPYRIGHT OF CLINT DEBUSK. ANYONE OR ANY ORGANIZATION ATTEMPTING TO ORGANIZE OR RUN A RACE OF ANY KIND ON THE OLD NAS GROUNDS WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF CLINT DEBUSK, AND CO-SIGNED BY MY WIFE, WILL BE SUED AND PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT OF THE LAW.

What gives the guy the right to basically "own" this idea? I thought the NAS would possibly be a good AutoX course years ago though I've never been there to check it out. What a tool.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster

What gives the guy the right to basically "own" this idea? I thought the NAS would possibly be a good AutoX course years ago though I've never been there to check it out. What a tool.
    Looks like he hopes his dumb luck on this half baked plan may get him some $$$$.

Doesn't the old Dallas NAS belong to Vaught these days and isn't it still a semi active airfield??

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster

I copyrighted the intellectual rights to human breathing... all you bastards owe me some royalties!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I copyrighted the intellectual rights to human breathing... all you bastards owe me some royalties!
    Checks in the mail, but look for it to land back on my desk in a few weeks..

This has been discussed ever since the Navy moved to Carswell. Even the SCCA looked at it, but so far nothing. We used to race at Cabaniss Field in Corpus Christie, another old Navy base and it was fun, with lots of passing opportunities on 300' wide runways and 150' wide taxi ways I hope it happens........
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Chassis Designer WhiteLightning's Avatar

I love the idea, but actually getting this done would be the true work. How much to do it, make it a day long event. Vendors, so on..this would be awesome. I think the best thing to do would be just get some numbers and flow with it.

If it starts to work out let me know and i would be more then happy to pull some of the strings i have to get vendors and such out!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLightning
    I love the idea, but actually getting this done would be the true work. How much to do it, make it a day long event. Vendors, so on..this would be awesome. I think the best thing to do would be just get some numbers and flow with it.

If it starts to work out let me know and i would be more then happy to pull some of the strings i have to get vendors and such out!
    Just an FYI this entire deal is a pipe dream at best.

Why does that track layout remind me of a dead man chalk outline???
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Why does that track layout remind me of a dead man chalk outline???

I said the same thing to myself when I saw it..................
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'