Thread: Better Buy Now! No 2007 Tribute

Default Better Buy Now! No 2007 Tribute

Linkie.

There will be no 2007 model year Mazda Tribute for U.S. consumers. The Blue Oval subsidiary's Escape/Mercury Mariner doppelganger will go on sabbatical from May on through the end of the year, though the move will reportedly not alter production levels (or employment) at the automaker's Claycomo, Kansas plant.

According to Ford sales analyst George Pipas, the Escape/Mariner/Tribute platform's 2007 model year run will be on the shorter side, as the company is readying a redesign for next January (to be designated a 2008 model). Mazda has opted out of the abbreviated schedule, but Escape and Mariner are to continue production.

This seems to indicate that the Tribute is coming back for 2008, but it's poorly written, so that's unclear. It would be easy to make a "who cares" sort of joke about the Tribute going away, but my mom owns one, and it's really rather likeable. Since it's really just a tall wagon, it drives like a car. And the "200hp" V6 is awfully strong given its power rating. It's actually my mom's second Tribute! While I'll admit it's nothing special, it has very few glaring faults, either. And its size is nearly perfect.

S.

"who cares"

My wife and I test drove a tribute in our search for a new car last year. It seemed very vanilla. No Wiz Bang looks. No Wiz Bang features. Almost a Toyota. Oh well... We bought a Murano with Wiz Bang looks, Wiz Bang features, and a bigger engine.

Talking

Actully both of my Sister-in-laws have Tributes and they love them!

Here is a recent picture of them!

Whiel I'll agree the Tribute isn't anything astounding anymore, and it's due for an 'update' I will say they're very nice SUV things..

I actually worked at that plant as part of tha launch team too.. (in fact, I'm wearing the jacket I got as part of that team as I type) Not all that exciting to you guys, but I am kinda sad to see it go....
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??