Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lugnutjon accident update

Does Jon still want a 10AE? I'd trade my 82k car for that check!!

Glad to hear he's going to make out alright from that wreck though.

Nope, no more Miatas for Jon.

Although I talked to him at lunch today, and he wants to head up to Sherman to look at a yellow '04 RX-8 tomorrow. Something about buying a more practical car. Who knows what he'll end up with? As long as it's yellow, apparently.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    As long as it's yellow, apparently.
    I can respect that!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Me too!

Talking

Yellow is sick & wrong!

I think that Jon is on the money. Yellow is the best color, plus the RX-8 looks very good in yellow.

Yeah, I like the '8 in yellow. For whatever reason though, they discontinued it after '04.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah, I like the '8 in yellow. For whatever reason though, they discontinued it after '04.
    So they could replace it with Glacier White.

Next year it will be Harajuku Pink.

S.

Nope, no more Miatas for Jon.

Although I talked to him at lunch today, and he wants to head up to Sherman to look at a yellow '04 RX-8 tomorrow. Something about buying a more practical car. Who knows what he'll end up with? As long as it's yellow, apparently.
    If its the RX8 I'm thinking of in Sherman, Hoyte is a good dealership to shop at. Its just down the road from Target. Ask for Jay Townsend. If you guys are in Sherman, come to Target and say hi. I'll be there from 1 to 9
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 02-25-2006 at 10:13 AM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Might be a little late for this, but if you keep going north on 75, there is a huge carlot called Lawarence Marshall. There is a used S2000 there and a couple new ones.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Yeah, a little late - we left Jon's place about 11 this morning to head out to a couple of local Mazda dealers before heading to Sherman.

And here's a picture of Jon's new car!

He signed the paperwork on it about 5:30pm this evening. It's not perfect (typical rock chips for a 20k mile car, some very minor curb rash on the wheels), but it's straight, clean, and had no evidence of any damage. It drove very nicely, and I think he's going to be very happy with it. It's a 6-speed/cloth car with the Appearance Package and the Sport Package (DSC, HIDs, and fog lights), which means we're going to have to remember to turn the damn traction control off before hitting the course.

Hmm... looks like the altiain/lugnutjon team will be starting this season in C Stock, but we hope to have this car prepped and ready for B Stock before the Pro in Mineral Wells. Maybe even by Houston, depending on a few things.
    Iain

Nice, I took a look at it last time I went there. I'm sure he'll be happy with it. (You guys have a team name?)

Congrats to Jon! If I was spending 20k on a car today the RX-8 would definitely be my choice. I think it is a superior race car (stock for stock) than the E36 M3 I owned. IMO, it takes a lot of mods on the M3 to keep up with a RX-8 on an autocross course. Mark Sipe proved that at the last BMWCCA autocross he went to. BTW, find out what exhaust he is running and buy it.

Definitely don't forget to turn off the traction control, I forgot to do that on a fun run once and it was not cool. Very intrusive. Thanks Apex2apex for getting me hooked on the RX-8.

Good luck in B-stock.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Feeling better and a hot new toy---Prayer does work
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

Looks like a nice one! I thought for sure we'd see ol Lugnut in a S2000, though. Glad he's still part of the "family".
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12