Thread: Consolidating phone, internet,satellite TV

Default Consolidating phone, internet,satellite TV

I know there are many of you guys and gals who are much mre "informed" on this stuff, so I would like some suggestions on consolidating and lowering costs. Currently I have a Sprint cel phone $ $42/month, two SW Bell phone lines at the house @72/month, Dish TV at $54/month, and internet dial-up at $20/month. That's $188/month! I know there are package plans available, but not sure what I need. One limiting factor is that there is no calbe available where we live. We would like two cel phones, no "land-lines", and faster internet access for both a MAC and PC, and an equivalent TV package. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Merv

High speed internet should be available via 900 MHz wireless where you are...

http://www.prairienet.us/

That should get you off to a good start, but the consolidated "single vendor" solutions probably aren't going to do much for you.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

One thing to watch during your search is advertised prices vs. fully loaded prices. I got a package deal from Verizon that included a land-line with Unlimited Local and Long-distance, and a DSL line. It was advertised as $79.95 a month. Once they add in all of there taxes and fees, the bill comes to $108.

SBC will consolidate all these items- in the city. I doubt they have that capability in your location. People that I know that have done this, however, end up with Dish satellite service. I am not impressed with that service.
    I recently gave up my $20/month dial-up for high speed wireless access($40/month)- being out in the sticks too. Frontier Broadband is out of Granbury. The money you save removing the two land lines is well worth it.
    So while I have not consolidated services (because I can't out here), I at least have 'modern' services.