Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bell open-face helmet close-out for $29.95 (Save $100)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    ...but all they had was helmets for punkin' heads. (XXL)
    Hey!!

I'm sure we probably set off their fraud alarms...

Hey, boss! We just got a crap-load of orders for the open-face helmets... And they're all within 25 miles of each other!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Well... I just got a call from them about 30 minutes ago telling me they are all out of Large. I took a Med. and will hope it isn't too tight.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Well... I just got a call from them about 30 minutes ago telling me they are all out of Large. I took a Med. and will hope it isn't too tight.
    You may have to get a hair cut to make it fit
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Just got in - a message with the same story, no large. Extra large or medium. I know that large fits, and medium is too small... can you pad them? Otherwise - it's smelly loaners again!!
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    You may have to get a hair cut to make it fit
    Any more and I'd look like my Avatar.

Talking

I ordered a Silver one so I could be like the other cool kids!

Dang what a deal! I ordered a...silver one, XL. If its too big ill just have to ebay the sucker!
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Titus if the medium is too small for you I will buy it.
    99 Miata Black

I got the same call. However, when I came home and checked my other helmet, I'd apparently ordered too large to begin with. A silver medium for me!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

No phone calls for me and I got a confirmation email too! Silver medium for me. Thanks to Sammmy for the most excellent lead. We are all going to have to write our names on our helmets so we don't get them confused!

I was actually thinking of painting mine. Would this be difficult and would a rattle can give good enough results? If not, I may look for some cool stickers or something.

I guess I'll let my boys have my old helmet to "play" with.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

We are all going to have to write our names on our helmets so we don't get them confused!

I was actually thinking of painting mine. Would this be difficult and would a rattle can give good enough results? If not, I may look for some cool stickers or something.
    I'm thinking of having the father-in-law air-brushing my number on mine.

P.S. THANKS SAMMMY!

I'm thinking of having the father-in-law air-brushing my number on mine.
    Not a good idea. Your number is never guaranteed and you may have to change to a different number for some events. IMHO and YMMV

You need to have your's painted YELLOW and we can call you lemon-head behind your back.

Actually yellow with a checkerboard

or bee stripes would be killer or yellow with a smiley face on the back or Charlie Brown stripe would be hilarious.

If he can airbrush, I'd love mine to be black with a red spider or red hour glass as my car is called Widow.
    Last edited by black roadster; 03-09-2006 at 08:24 AM.
    ...and across the line.

Not a good idea. Your number is never guaranteed and you may have to change to a different number for some events. IMHO and YMMV
    Well, I use a single magnet for each door with 459 on it (given to me by a friend). I have yet to see it used anywhere before, so unless some prankster here wants to be an and reserve my number, it shouldn't be a problem. If I do end up running a different number occasionally, it is no big deal... the point is that i will be able to identify my helmet as the one with 459 on it. I was also thinking that I could include the Miata silhouette from the old Miata.net logo (aka the shark).

I used paint pens to do the artwork on my Helmet, didn't come out too bad.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I used paint pens to do the artwork on my Helmet, didn't come out too bad.
    Pictures?

Does it look anything like your car?
    ...and across the line.

the point is that i will be able to identify my helmet
    Your helmet will be easy to find because it's the one that smells like

S.

I dont have any pics of the Helmet but some of the guys who saw what I did to last Sunday can chime in as to how it looked I guess.

I didn't do the paint scheme on my car the guy who rebuilt it did that...lol
    (It kind of grew on me though).
    Basically I have my name in cursive on the back of the helmet and on the visor I have a shadow text of my name and a flaming skull and a couple of cones....it was fun to do some art on the helmet.
    I could do some for you guys if you want at no charge if you like, just supply the paint pens and bring the helmet to me and tell me what you would like on it.
    I will see about getting a pic of the helmet too.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I dont have any pics of the Helmet but some of the guys who saw what I did to last Sunday can chime in as to how it looked I guess.
    I'll vouch for Billy's helmet - it looks much better than his car.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast