Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S-2000 Autocross #3 - July 17th

Moderator Moment, I split out the stuff about the PCA to its very own post. This one is about the S2K event.

Thank you please drive thru......

PCA thread - http://forums.dfwmiata.com/viewtopic...amp;highlight=

Well, you guys sold me. I'm the 12th miata. Do you think the s2k guys will be pissed if there are more miatas than s2ks???

I've autocrossed a lot, in a lot of different regions and with a lot of different clubs and this sounds like a really fun, laid back event. I'm looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    Well, you guys sold me. I'm the 12th miata. Do you think the s2k guys will be pissed if there are more miatas than s2ks???
    Nah... it won't be the first time it's happened.

I've autocrossed a lot, in a lot of different regions and with a lot of different clubs and this sounds like a really fun, laid back event. I'm looking forward to it!
    I think you'll enjoy it. The S2000 club puts on the most enjoyable autocrosses in this area, imho. Courses tend to be on the longer side (80-100 seconds), and technical enough to be challenging without forcing you to memorize 300 reference cones on a 1.5-mile course just to get around the track.

You'll get 8 timed runs - four in the morning heat, and four in the afternoon heat (no pun intended ). In each heat, you'll do your four runs almost back-to-back, as they pull 6-10 cars up to the line at a time, and let that group of cars finish all four runs before moving on to the next group. I enjoy running almost back-to-back laps this way, although engine heat and tire management can be tricky in midsummer.

There is a parade lap before competition begins in the morning. SInce the courses tend to be very long (and Mineral Wells has a lot of gravel), this is a great way to get a better "read" of the course. We still tend to walk it at least once, but it's hard to make enough time in the morning to walk it multiple times.

There is usually a lunch break between the morning and afternoon sessions, which gives us enough time to run for the air-conditioned shelter of one of the nearby fast food restaurants.

Timed runs are typically over by around 3pm, and the course is usually open for fun runs after that if you want more seat time. The only thing they ask is you stay to help clean up if you do fun runs.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. The S2000 events are pretty laid back, with a lot of friendly rivalry between the two marques (you should have seen 'em when Andy Hollis brought his CSP car up from Austin for an event and took FTD away from a couple of the fast local S2000s ).
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Great synopsis of an NTS2kOC event POS Racing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    D'oh! Great write up, altiain!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Why thank you! I do what I can!

So do you arlington area people want to meet up somewhere to drive out? I did realize it was so far until just now.

We usually meet at 7:00 at the McDonald's on I-20 just west of the I-30 merge (exit 418, I believe).

A number of us (that already know who we are - didn't mean to scare anyone) need to be at Mineral Wells at 6:30 <eek!> this time to help with setup, though.

Did ya see? 50 people signed up (I think that's the cap):

- 18 Miata Pilots (well, 17 if turbodrain will be a nice guy and delete his duplicate entry )
    - 14 S2000s
    - 18 "Other than S2000 or Miata"s

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    We usually meet at 7:00 at the McDonald's on I-20 just west of the I-30 merge (exit 418, I believe).
    I do believe you are correct! I'll be stopping for some grub!

Hey, Clovis! I think POS feels left out that he didn't get volunteered to help set up this time. I bet he wants to help next time since he lives an hour closer to Mineral Wells than we do!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I do believe you are correct! I'll be stopping for some grub!
    I'm in for an egga-muffin.

I would except I can't seem to figure out how to delete the double entry?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    When you go to DLBRACING.COM and sign-in, click on 'My Account'. Did you have 2 entries for Sat., Jul. 17? If so, 'Cancel' 1.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Use the Help... Contact Us link from dlbracing.com and shoot Donovan an e-mail letting him know what's up.

Thanks sam.

DONE
    If you want the spot you better get it NOW

I apparently have two accounts with them. I only showed one registration. Either way I'm still listed.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Ok, I'll be at the McDonalds at 7:00. Who else will be there?

Me!

**Side note : I'm not a morning person!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Me!

**Side note : I'm not a morning person!
    No, no! Don't say it's so!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast