Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TX Region SCCA Event #1 (3/19/2006)

Default TX Region SCCA Event #1 (3/19/2006)

POS usually gets these started, but I guess I beat him to it. Not many C Stock cars registered yet.... Who's going?

Pennington Field this Sunday!

I haven't decided if I want to stand in the rain all day on Saturday and Sunday yet.

Looks like you're back in the MR2 again this season. What happened to ride shopping?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Rain? It doesn't rain around here... bite your tongue.

The MR2 deal is great for me. It would've been nice to try something different this year, but it just wasn't in the cards. Jimmie takes such great care of the car and is very understanding of my position in the club - I don't always get a chance to help get the car ready at events, and he's OK with that. The deal really works out well for both of us.

I really wanted to buy an Elise or a Z06 to go play with the SS crowd, but I also want to stay married. If I show up with a new car you guys will know I'm single...

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7
    I really wanted to buy an Elise or a Z06 to go play with the SS crowd, but I also want to stay married. If I show up with a new car you guys will know I'm single...
    "She said it was just a car, I said she was just a girl" Read that somwhere
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I think I'm in... I did the full season pre-paid registration.
    Last edited by Darron65; 03-15-2006 at 08:21 PM.

POS usually gets these started
    Yes he does and he always includes a link. That POS is the greatest!

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get rained on on Saturday (S2K Event) and/or Sunday (SCCA Event) or just skip both.

Quick question why do I recall this being cheaper last year??
    Our records show that you are a SCCA member and will be charged the Member price of $20.00.
    Last edited by POS Racing; 03-15-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Yes he does and he always includes a link. That POS is the greatest!

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get rained on on Saturday (S2K Event) and/or Sunday (SCCA Event) or just skip both.

Quick question why do I recall this being cheaper last year??
    Because it was. They need to make more money. Which is fine with me. It's only $5.

I'm in for both events at Pennington. I love racing in the rain.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
    I'm in for both events at Pennington. I love racing in the rain.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
    Because it was. They need to make more money. Which is fine with me. It's only $5.
    That may be fine with you but I'm a card carrying member of Team Cheap Bastard, so not fine by me.

Also noticed my SCCA Membership went up to $80.00 a year, so yet another five dollars am I starting to notice a trend?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    That may be fine with you but I'm a card carrying member of Team Cheap Bastard, so not fine by me.

Also noticed my SCCA Membership went up to $80.00 a year, so yet another five dollars am I starting to notice a trend?
    hahaha, I'm not only a member, I'm also the President.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

So what's the walkup cost for an SCCA member this year? I probably won't make my decision until I wake up Sunday morning.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

We've greatly simplified things this year. It's the same cost if you walk up or pre-register. Yes it's $5 more per event than in '05, but we had to do that to stay afloat. Members $20, non-members $30.

The best deal is to pre-reg for the whole year. You get 9 events for the price of 7, that makes your per-event cost $15.55 (member) or $23.33 (non-member). It also locks in your number and work assignment. You can pre-register that way Sunday morning. Print off the form here

Our mission for '06 is to maximize the number of runs people get. If there's any way we can, we'll be ratcheting up the number of runs beyond 4. There are a lot of variables that make that possible (or not), so we'll be making the number of runs decision at each event.

Hmm... sounds like a step in the right direction. If it isn't pouring with rain on Sunday, I might have to come and give Mr. Cheesecake a run for his money in TCS.
    Iain

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Hmm... sounds like a step in the right direction. If it isn't pouring with rain on Sunday, I might have to come and give Mr. Cheesecake a run for his money in TCS.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    PLAY WITH YOUR OWN KIND
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

The best deal is to pre-reg for the whole year. You get 9 events for the price of 7, that makes your per-event cost $15.55 (member) or $23.33 (non-member). It also locks in your number and work assignment. You can pre-register that way Sunday morning. Print off the form here
    I have a question. Is it possible to pre-reg for the year, but then switch cars or classes? I have a Miata coming soon, and might run open CS when it arrives, however, until then I will not be running CS (or mabye I will ,. . . ok no).
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    I have a Miata coming soon...

I don't care who you are, thats funny right there!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I don't care who you are, thats funny right there!
    Only until he sells the Slocus. Then it will not be so funny, but for now, you have a good point
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Sure - you can register for the year and switch every event if you need to. I switched at least 3 times last year.

I'm in. Rain or shine.

Talking

Opps I forgot to register on-line, my bad!

Think I may pay for the year in the AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast